Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you be playing over Xmas...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Fallout 3
    Sonic Unleashed
    Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD remix
    Team Fortress 2
    World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
    The Last Guy

and hopefully someone will of bought me resistence :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

-Left 4 Dead
    -Whatever I pick up in post-xmas sales

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

noodler wrote: »
    I want one for FFVII: CC and Metal Gear Portible Ops (The first one cos I think that is the one with the storyline).

Yeah, Portable Ops is the one with the story line. I must get a PSP sometime to play it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Civ4BtS for me, as I won't be at home, but I'll have me laptop:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,278 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

apparently my order for entrenchment failed to be processed :mad:

I had a $1 coupon. $1 off! And now its expired. $9.95? Yeah **** that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

This!

2z3qq79.jpg
    30a9k76.jpg

And probably Wii Sports, as always at Xmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

On PC some

WOW
    some online fps games like CODwaw,TF2
    and some www.iracing.com

some fifa on the 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm bringing the 360 home for Christmas and I have saved Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 especially for the hols. Might check out some of the older games I have that I didn't get around to.

Oh! And I haven't got around to playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night yet! That's one for the list.

I'm thinking too of playing some older PC games on my brother's laptop, maybe a bit of:

GTA 2
    Morrowind
    Grim Fandango

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I loved GTA 2.The respect metre was cool. Loonies FTW

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

far cry 2
    COD2/4/WaW
    Fallout 3
    GTAIV
    Trackmania
    Guitar Hero World Tour
    GRID
    Shaun White Snowboarding :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Getting Bioshock for Chrimbo. So that and i am still roaming around Capitol Wasteland!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

WoW...

I hate myself for liking it but that's what I'll be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Mainly Prince of Persia and Banjo Kazooie: N&B, tho I'm hoping to Finish Gears 1 (act4 now) so I can start the second game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pro evo for me here will be the main one.
    WoW: Wotlk
    Oldschool BFV
    Trackmania United forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Still worming my way through Gears 2 at the moment, so will hopefully get that out of the way this weekend.
    PSP-wise, God of War is eating up all of my commuting time

Got PoP and Loco Roco 2 on the way to me, so I'll get stuck into those soonish

This must be the first time in years that I haven't had 5+ games on the go at the same time:p

• Burnout paradise (routed it out never finished it or played it online, heards it fantastic on live ooo and the new bike thnigy)
    Gears of war 2 ( gonna start the campaign on hardest difficulty, been waiting for a fix on the progress rest bug as i have to beat the game again to get the hardest difficulty unlocked...sigh)
    left 4 dead (of course!!!)
    dead space ( being saving it for me new tv 32 inch hd samsung my girlfriend bought me :D)
    dead rising...still hooked, gta4...still hooked
    multiplayer: cod4, orange box, left 4 dead, halo 3, gears 2, burnout para.

busy times... probably won't get to touch half of em' family time..clip in the ear from woman etc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Alot of online motorstorm 2(10 of us on another forum got it).
    Wipeout HD online.
    Prince of persia, its been killing me not to play it.
    Silent hill homecoming.
    Finish off mirrors edge.
    Hopefully some LBP with MGS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im gonna have a very busy xmas.I've a ton of games from last yr I still have to play :-/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Only Fable 2 really.

Oh and I'm gonna crawl my way through the Endless Setlist 2 on Rock Band 2 hopefully.

6 and a half hours apparently :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I will be continuing Eternal Sonata and starting Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on Christmas morning. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I've got a busy Christmas of gaming ahead of me. I have 4 games that i'm yet to play, they are(All for 360 btw), GoW2, COD4, Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda(Got those last 2 free with an extra wireless controller)

May get Quantum of Solace and Fallout 3 too, i'm yet to decide

Oh and a nice 40" 1080p Sony hdtv i'll be gettin too:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

GHWT
    Rock Band 2
    Left 4 Dead
    Call of Duty WaW
    Darkfall Open Beta (pweeez :P)

Chumpski wrote: »
    What games do you plan on playing over the christmas break?

I have got a huge stack of old games to play so i have 2 in mind to finish during the break:

For the ps2 i have yet to play Okami and Silent Hill 2 so will try to finish at least 1 of these.

For the DS, i will be sitting by the fire playing Anno 1701:D.

Then there will be bouts of Pro Evo 2008 for the Wii with friends and family.

Oh and i'm sure ill continue on in my quest to trawl through GTA 4 as well, its been going on far too long already...

Well, i finished GTA 4. And i got 20 hours of Okami played which is about half way through i think so not a bad job. Okami is a savage game by the way for anyone yet to play it. If you can get it cheap for the PS2 or Wii i would. I didn't get a chance to play Silent Hill 2 yet but i think ill give Okami a break now and tackle that for the next week.

How did everyone else get on with there list of games?

EDIT: 300th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't get to play as much as I'd have liked. About half way through Prince of Persia (love it) and played a good few games of Scene It:BOS with the family. Good fun, but the clips keep repeating over and over (I've seen the 3 Amigos and Superstar clips about 4 times each).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I finally managed to finish Lost Odyssey, nice ending, nothing special was worth it. Valkyria Chronicles I'm enjoying immensely and taking my time with it, got a good bit through. Only played an hour or so with Breath of Fire 2 but did get about halfway through Phantasy Star 2. I needed a walkthrough but try beating the game without one, it's near impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Chumpski wrote: »
    EDIT: 300th post!

This is madness!

It only took 3 years!
    Mr E wrote:
    About half way through Prince of Persia

Cool, i heard it looms great but isn't as good gameplay wise. I saw it going cheap there and was tempted to get it.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well I finally managed to finish Lost Odyssey, nice ending, nothing special was worth it.

Like GTA 4, except GTA4 in hindsight wasnt worth struggling through till the end. No way im bothering with getting the other ending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Didn't get to play as much as I'd have liked.

Ditto :(

Barely made dents into GTA4 or FC2.
    Didnt touch bioshock or saints row2 :/
    Played lots of Grid tho...bit of PES08/Fight Night 3/Vegas 2 [had some friends around and 2p games ftw]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Over the Xmas I started and completed:

Lego: Indian Jones
    Lego: Batman
    HL2 (played through it again with the Cinematic mod)
    Turok
    Resistance 2
    Sonic Unleashed
    Dead Space
    Legendary
    Prince of Persia
    Kung Fu Panda
    Need for Speed: Undercover

But mainly I've been playing L4D nearly every evening. Welcomed in the new year with a few b.ie's online :D

Advertisement