Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you be playing over Xmas...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Would you recommend resistance 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Chumpski wrote: »
    Would you recommend resistance 2?

well... yeah I suppose I would. It's decent enough and moves along at a fairly solid pace. It felt fairly short imo, I finished it in maybe 8 hours. The games longevity will come from its online coop, versus and ridiculous trophies which will require months of playing it to achieve.

I'd make it a rental (like I did), and if you really liked the singleplayer campaign then buy it, as the coop and versus make up about 80% of it.

The campaign itself does have some epic set pieces which set it apart from Fall Of Man, but, personally, I liked the narrative style of the original, showing maps of the planned attack and hearing the woman narrate Nathan Hales story.

This one just jumps from location to location with little narration to give the player the bigger picture. In fact a lot of it isn't explained throughout. Your only real points of interest are Nathans chimeran infection and your target Chimeran, Daedalus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

djkeogh wrote: »

Mass Effect
    GoW2
    Mirrors Edge
    HL2 Ep2
    Portal
    COD WaW online
    L4D online

/QUOTE]

Managed to finish Mass Effect and GOW 2 over the holidays which has been great. Haven't really dabbled so much in L4D on COD WaW online but now is the time for that. Mirrors Edge and HL2 Ep2 are moving rapidly up the to be played list although Multiplayer action is going to be big this month with funds low and friends looking to play.

Advertisement