Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can teh Irish Car Trade save itself?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Do you work for Fianna Fail?
    Yes, this is a good idea with regards to getting the motoring industry out of a tough spot, but does nothing for the consumer trying to shop around. More expensive imports slaps in the face of someone trying to save a few quid.

Yeah it sounds like a plan a civil servant would come up with. More tax.Similar to Brian Cowens plan to tax his way out of recession.

Why not do away with a number of taxes on cars making it CHEAPER to buy a car here than in the UK. That way all of a sudden 200,000 UK people are looking to buy a car in Ireland and ship it to the UK instead of vice versa. The current government dont seem to have any plan - its getting scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

VRT has resulted in a full doomsday scenario to the car industry. The only savior I see is to sell new cars at attractive prices to buyers in the UK, this could prove difficult with the currency difference. The used car business is dead and as a result of cars not moving down the food chain new car sales are dead too so new cars need to sell with no trade in getting taken in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Do you work for Fianna Fail?

Yes, this is a good idea with regards to getting the motoring industry out of a tough spot, but does nothing for the consumer trying to shop around. More expensive imports slaps in the face of someone trying to save a few quid.

I dont work for FF but I reckon I could hold down a 200k/year job with them no prob:D plus bonuses of course.

Advertisement