Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training Regime

• 16-12-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Ok so I have started training with a view to loosing about 1½ – 2 stone. I am a 5ft 9½ inch male and 14 stone. Here is a copy of my schedule that I have been doing for the past 2 weeks.

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday – cardio
    • 5 mins rowing machine warm-up
    • 15 mins stretching and core
    • 20 mins treadmill
    • 15 mins bike
    • 20 mins abs and few free weights
    • 10 mins cross trainer
    • 5 mins stretching
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday – Weights

I usually do 1 set of each exercise and each set consists of 15, 12, & 10 repetitions. Usually about 30 seconds between each reps and 1 – 1½ minutes between each exercise.
    • Leg extension
    • Leg curl
    • Squats with barbell on shoulder
    • Shoulder press
    • Peck machine
    • Lat pull down
    • Ab crunch with swiss ball
    • Ab crunch with machine
    • Side bends
    • Bench press
    • Free weights
    Has anyone any recommendation or tips on what I should be doing or am I doing the correct exercises? My diet is ok, I think!
    • Breakfast – tea with brown bread, orange juice,
    • Snack – tea at 11 am
    • Lunch – either dinner of chicken/salmon/lasagne/whatever is on menu with potato and veg. Some days I just have soup and chicken Panini.
    • Evening tea 9pm – usually a sandwich with cheese, coleslaw, ham, brown bread, etc.
    I usually go the gym straight after work because I find if I go home first I get lazy and then don’t bother going at all; hence I don’t eat from dinner to 9pm.
    Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

the only thing i would suggest is to maybe concentrate more on doing compound movements when weight lifting like your barbell squats. & to really only concentrate on free weights. like doing deadlifts will be more beneficial than leg curls for a number of reasons. you'll have to work harder, you'll use more muscles like your core & its a move that you do in real life (like when you pick up something). compound movements will give you a bigger return on metabolism/muscle perturbation which you want to help shed fat but keep muscle. once you have your body in a fairly decent shape that you are satisfied with, that's when you can start worrying about really shaping specific muscles & using machines (if you want) to help with that. so ditch the pec machine in favour of varied push ups & bench presses. hope that helps.

oh & try to maybe eat more frequent meals, like maybe 5. i found this helped with energy increase & to keep cravings at bay. at one stage i was eating 8 times a day, mostly small meals with the biggest one after working out & i still lost weight. i try to get some protein in every meal as it keeps me satisfied longer. im not talking about crazy amounts but just enough to keep your body satisfied. and like you i eat/ate late & it never bothered my progress. some people it does.

Advertisement