Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident Compo Advice!!!!!!

Options
  • 16-12-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi folks i'm looking for a bit of advice here please,

I was involved in a bad smash last April I was hit head on at high speed on my side of the road on a bend by a drunk driver sending me through the ditch down a 15 foot bank into a field. My taxi was new and a total right off. I was brought to hostipal with two mashed toe's. Now the other guy had no insurance so with my own insurance I could could only claim for the value on the car only, the taxi fit out and loss of earnings had to come out of my own pocket.

I got a pay out with in 4 weeks from my own insurance and was back on the road with a down graded 2005 car. All together i'm down about five grand.

I have had back pain scence the accident, i've been to my GP and a couple of Cyropractor's all out of my own pocket, but a month ago the pain became quite bad so I went to my GP again and he sent my for a spinal xray and it has shown up a crack in my dorsal spine.

My question folks is can I get compo from the MIBI? I have never claimed for anything before apart from the car from my own insurance.

This is all new to me but i'm literally going bankrupt here

Thank's in advance Dj.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,997 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can claim for personal injury from unisured drivers from the MIBI - details here: http://mibi.ie/uninsured-unidentifi.html

Does "last April" mean 2007 or 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Cheers MYOB it was 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Advice on an Internet BB will be worse than useless to you. Go to the Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor, give them the facts and get an unbiased opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

+i and do some recearch on various solicitors before you pick one, go to a couple hear what they have to say, the first appointment is usually free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

from what iv heard you can also make a personal claim against the driver even if MIBI award you compo. injuries like this can last throughout your life and can get much worse at old age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,461 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm going to close this as it is too serious a topic for Digitaljunkie to get possibly wrong legal advice here. Contact a solicitor.

Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement