Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL package stolen

Options
  • 16-12-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I was googling around and couldn’t find the advice I needed, so posting here.

- was getting some wine shipped to Ireland
    - the company did not ship directly to Ireland so I got it sent to MyUS.com
    - wine arrived at MyUS.com and was shipped to me via DHL
    - it arrived in Dublin airport
    - it cleared customs
    - it left Dublin airport and there is no record of the package since
    - it *appears* the package has been stolen :mad:

As I understand it, DHL would normally look to the seller to reimburse me as they are only the carrier. The use of MYUS.com obviously complicates everything.

My question is does DHL policy change if the package has been stolen under DHL care?

Any advice? (other that not to do something like this again)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

decrrrrrr wrote: »

My question is does DHL policy change if the package has been stolen under DHL care?

i would say absolutely so.

Have you called them up yet? There might be basic insurance on the package which should cover you up to a certain amount at the very least.
    DHL.ie FAQ wrote:
    How do I report a loss/damage claim for a DHL shipment that failed to arrive, or was damaged?

If your shipment failed to arrive, it is important that you contact customer service with the Airway Bill number and an accurate description of the goods and their packaging. Our 'found shipment centres' hold on to items that were not well addressed or that became detached from their packaging. It is possible that they will be able to reunite you with your shipment. If this fails, please contact customer service to file a report.

Please note that damage to goods in transit is frequently the result of inadequate packaging. Please see our packaging tips for advice on how to minimise the risk of damage to your shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The sender is actually the client of DHL, you are not.

You must take the issue up with the sender. It is still their property until it is delivered to you.

You can certainly phone DHL and chase them, but you may have much success contacting the sender and getting them to chase it from their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Maybe the package was smashed in transit and was binned, dont really want to be delivering a soggy box with broken glass. Is there and exception scan on it? I know in UPS if a package is damaged it is scanned as such and shows up on the tracking. Has the sender been contacted by DHL

Also, how long since the last scan on the package. It may have been missed due to high volume at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Does myus order the dhl shipping from them to you or do you do it? If them then you will need to contact them and get them to contact dhl.

Advertisement