Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New appstore for WM and Palm OS - loads of free goodies

• 16-12-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Don't ever underestimate Palm ;)

They have beaten Microsoft in the fight against the apple appstore behemoth:

http://appstore.pocketgear.com/palm/

The site offers more than 5000 apps for palm and wm os, and over a thousand freeware apps!
    You can install a store client for your pc or download to your phone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

Hmm, I don't want to knock it - being a palm fanboy and all - but it's just a website; PalmGear/PocketGear, which has been around for years. The app you download is just a shortcut to the website which opens in Blazer.

Mind you, it's better than nothing and, perhaps, an indication that Palm are beginning to ramp up the machine for Jan 8th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

ozymandius wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't want to knock it - being a palm fanboy and all - but it's just a website; PalmGear/PocketGear, which has been around for years. The app you download is just a shortcut to the website which opens in Blazer.

Mind you, it's better than nothing and, perhaps, an indication that Palm are beginning to ramp up the machine for Jan 8th.

Well, I agree to a degree...
    but obviously it's 'all about marketing'?! Mosh, ovi, hey: apple's appstore: all just websites!
    Palm's dilemma is obviously 'consumer awareness'!
    Like motorola they were trensetters for a long time, and then copy cats took all the limelight. Unlike moto though, palm still make quality devices. They are just not 'sexy'!
    Also: a lot of wm users don't think of palm sites when it comes to sourcing software, when in fact the palm community has come up with a lot of nice stuff.

Advertisement