Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power City Pricematch?

• 16-12-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this on their website ,might be worth a ring to see what they are offering.
    "If you see any product for Less elsewhere,
    including KOMPLETT and PIXMANIA or
    if you have a query on any product on our website.
    Please let us know before you Buy."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

KOMPLETT and PIXMANIA

Now that's a first :eek:

Guess we all know what their sales are going to like then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Thats posted there for ages. Its on the online chat.

They never say they will match those companies, but I am sure in lots of cases they will. They just ask you to let them know.

They will beat DID catelouge price by 10%. But am sure DID will beat it too:D

Boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

boopolo wrote: »
    Thats posted there for ages. Its on the online chat.

They never say they will match those companies, but I am sure in lots of cases they will. They just ask you to let them know.

They will beat DID catelouge price by 10%. But am sure DID will beat it too:D

Boo

I wonder if they would price match Ibood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

they never replied to me since saturday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

neacy69 wrote: »
    I wonder if they would price match Ibood?

I'd willingly pay a premium- in order to bypass Iboods appalling courier service........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

PowerCity have been having a daily offer on their website this week. If you see an offer you like, you will need to print of the webpage and bring it to the store to get your discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mel123

seriously guys, powercity have to be the worst crowd to deal with if you need to return stuff due to it being faulty or u need it repaired. i wouldnt even step foot inside their shop anymore. DID on the other hand will do anything they can to help, ive returned a faulty 42" no questions asked, and today i was there and i am getting collected my faulty washer/dryer in return for a new one (both good brand names, just happened to go haywire). Ive tried to return stuff to powercity and they actually dont want to know, even tho i had info printed from consumer rights on it telling them they had to fix my faulty dvd player. In terms of DID im not sure if they will match prices from pixmania etc, but they offer double the difference on cheaper items and also say to go in and tell them if u are getting a similar item cheaper somewhere else...which in simple terms definatley means haggle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

mel123 you don't have good luck buying stuff do ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭deffin

I see DID Electric have a Sony Blu Ray Player with FIVE Free Blu Ray Movies for €229.95. Good value....!!! I think so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

xtravision have same offer, see the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

mel123 wrote: »
    seriously guys, powercity have to be the worst crowd to deal with if you need to return stuff due to it being faulty or u need it repaired. i wouldnt even step foot inside their shop anymore. DID on the other hand will do anything they can to help, ive returned a faulty 42" no questions asked, and today i was there and i am getting collected my faulty washer/dryer in return for a new one (both good brand names, just happened to go haywire). Ive tried to return stuff to powercity and they actually dont want to know, even tho i had info printed from consumer rights on it telling them they had to fix my faulty dvd player. In terms of DID im not sure if they will match prices from pixmania etc, but they offer double the difference on cheaper items and also say to go in and tell them if u are getting a similar item cheaper somewhere else...which in simple terms definatley means haggle!!!

I agree, had a problem with a TV, sound stopped working but they didn't want to know.

kc66 wrote: »
    I agree, had a problem with a TV, sound stopped working but they didn't want to know.

Ditto- it was a Beko. They said "sure thats what you get for buying a Turkish television"...... Eventually I found a workaround- the headphone jack still worked- so I outputted sound via the headphone jack into a pre-amp and used the stereo speakers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

kc66 wrote: »

PC are from the "stack em high and sell em cheap" era.........

Bought 3 vacuum cleaners from them for the office a few years ago - semi industrial ones. One packed up after about 13 months (outside warranty) when I rang them they referred me to a place in Cork who when contacted wanted something like 80 quid to call and try and fix the vacuum. Ended up getting a local electrician who fitted a new lead for a tenner.

Another day we went in to look at an extractor hood - they guy dealing with us hadn't a clue - tried to persuade us that you couldn't install a hood without busting a hole in the wall and piping the extract out. Went to DID and bought from them - there's even a poxy smell in PC when you go in !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

bought an lg there last year, tv wouldnt turn on from the remote sometimes.
    they took it back and smashed it for me.
    then tried to charge me 150% to fix it.
    had to go to SCC, but got my money back in the end.

never again will i buy anything for more than a tenner off them

subway wrote: »
    bought an lg there last year, tv wouldnt turn on from the remote sometimes.
    they took it back and smashed it for me.
    then tried to charge me 150% to fix it.
    had to go to SCC, but got my money back in the end.

never again will i buy anything for more than a tenner off them

They smashed it? :confused:
    Did they drop it or something?
    Bizarre......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

never found out, when i rang up to find out why i hadn't got it back from repair after a month they read out the engineers report which said the screen was smashed.

we guessed that it got smashed while being moved from the store to the repair place because it was fine when we left it in the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I would say that PC will be the first place to go out of all the electrical companies. They are the worst salespeople ever to deal with. They haven't a clue about anything and don't bother their arses to help you.

Good riddance if they do go

Advertisement