Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Wii Dilema?

• 16-12-2008 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭

Her in doors is looking for a Wii, don't think she'll ever use it but that's what she wants..

Should I just get her an xbox, I'm finding it very hard to shell out the cash on a Wii, does the xbox have anything like the Wii Fit, any girly games for it?

tks
    dm

Edit:
    I've an xbox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

get her a wii it will save alot of bother...:cool:

The xbox has nowhere near as many casual games as the wii does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Why would you get an Xbox when she wants a Wii?

if its money your worried about, surely you can shop around for a good deal with a little driving, no?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buying a woman what she doesn't want? You are braver and stupider than me if you get that xbox 360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

She wants a wii, you get her an xbox. Cardinal sin imo. The Xbox has none of the games that the casual gamer is seeing on the TV adds. No Wii fit etc.

Almost like a PI post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

If you think she wont use the wii what makes you think she will use a xbox

I think you just want the xbox :rolleyes:

Get her the wii it is great fun me and the girlfriend play the xbox and the wii but the wii is a good laugh ad she will love you for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lol@PI

I've a 360 since launch, she wants a Wii, I think the Wii is a waste of money, can you see my dilema now...

The 360 has better games, we can play together when were apart, think she's bought into the cute and fluffy marketing.....It's not about the money it's about shelling out €500 yo yo's on something I put no value on:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I can see what you're thinking here, I thought the same thing when I bought my xbox but bar a few xbla games, my gf at the time hated all the decent xbox games.

Then a friend of hers got a Wii, she had a go on it and she loved it. That's women for ya - they don't use the same logic as lads do (that could be dangerous :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Compromise and get her a DS. Lots of casual games and better value for money imo.

Or just suck it up and buy her the Wii like you know you're going to and admit that this thread was just an exercise in futility knowing full well that regardless of what is posted here you are still buying that Wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

For a start for anyone over the age of about 14 to ask for something for Xmas I think is cheeky. What happened to just getting a gift for someone that you think they'll like.
    get her what YOU want to get her. Not what she wants. Christmas is about giving not GETTING. And if she bitches about it she's probably a spoilt brat, fu3k her off out of it and find a new bird.;)

Only joking. Get her the Wii if you know whats best for ya. lol

my girley view is the wii is a total waste of money !!!!! mine is gathering dust since last xmas (i wanted one too :o ), i dont need wii fit i go to the gym :)

But she wants it , so the question is how much is your realationship worth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

This reminds me of that time when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball for her/jesus' birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Get her an Xbox 360 and Gears of War II. If she can't appreciate taking a chainsaw to someone's face it might be time to question the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

silvine wrote: »
    Get her an Xbox 360 and Gears of War II. If she can't appreciate taking a chainsaw to someone's face it might be time to question the relationship.

This is true:(

Fup it I think i'll get the xbox, better find out sooner or later, wish me look Sarge..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Fup it I think i'll get the xbox, better find out sooner or later, wish me look Sarge..:)

Bravery indeed, best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

You're an absolute nutter!

Advertisement