Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Faint (Electro-Rock)

Options
  • 16-12-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else a fan or even heard of them?

I first got into The Faint back in 2005 when I was over the States and heard the song 'I Disappear' which is quite frankly a stunning bit of music (see below). Since then I've listened to their back catalogue and it's quality.

2008 has seen the release of their latest record titled 'Fasciinatiion' and it has been generally well received.

Just wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on them.

'I Disappear' -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.V.S.

Ha! Someone on boards that has reeeal taste! The Faint are quite possibly the best users of 80's synth dynamics and dancey rhythms about right now. Did you catch them at Leccy Piccy? I was there, and in Oslo the next weekend to see them again...

Danse Macabre is their best work I think, but Fasciinatiion is close, which is a good sign. Fulcrum & Lever is great, the lyrics are inspired...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wow I didn't think anyone would reply to this thread! :D

Didn't get to see them at the Picnic as I'm in Oz but it's good to see they're doing some gigs outside the States.

'Danse Macabre' is a cracking album, though I love 'Wet From Birth' as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Weird... listening to them right now! Only discovered them the other day through a mate. Danse Macabre is indeed a cracking album.. must check out their other ones.
    Similar vibe to The Presets I reckon, altho The Faint have apparently been around for much longer. From Nebraska of all places!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dude, i like the faint. That's all i'm saying til you put your name back. Why the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It was a challenge in aid of the Santa Strike Force and has raised a bit of money so I'm happy with it. Tis only til next week anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement