Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to Midband forum (first post)

Options
  • 16-12-2008 3:14pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the new sub-forum for Midband Broadband such as Vodafone, O2, Three "Mobile Broadband" and IBB Rippwave.

Please read the Charter before posting :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442502

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't know, Crawler, you haven't got any products for this category :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

add Clearwire .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

watty wrote: »
    I don't know, Crawler, you haven't got any products for this category :)

yet? :pac:

Anyway I've moved over the megathread and I'll move over any other active threads as time goes on that related to Midband products.

Everyone is welcome to do any changes to the sticky if they want to better explain what this forum is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bout feckin time, this should take half the recurring threads from the broadband forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Well i have to say i am amazed, for a while i was starting to think i was a bit insane or was coming across as a militant but within 48 hours we have a sub-forum. :eek:
    Well done boards.ie and mods, i'm sure that this sub-forum will be quite active and will get the message across that mobile internet products are not broadband, nor will they be accepted as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I heartily endorse this product or service.

Although the name does remind me of Midland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Should throw my crappy IBB DSL into this as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You're just unlucky or very far from the Exchange. Though normally DSL isn't installed if it can't do 1Mbps. 256k DSL for very long lines is technically possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This subforum is a fantastic decision, a little bit of spite towards shoddily run companies and our beloved communications minister never did any harm! Plus it tidies the broadband forum up.

It's incumbent upon the people who know about the disgraceful behaviour of three Ireland to inform those who don't, on the kind of service they routinely provide. And this is a good way of doing that I feel. Good job lads.

I can't see the said minister posting in here any time soon. I further think it's only fair that due to the govt's preferred contractor for the NBS, any threads/posts from Eamonn Ryan T.D. on the NBS should be moved into this forum, and indeed that could apply to any of the posts in relation to the NBS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Wantitnow

Great idea guys, though "Midband" is a bit optimisic for 3 :-)

You really need to put some kind of forward to this thread from the Broadband section, I just spent 10 minutes looking for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Brilliant idea.

This will show people what the word broadband is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

But maybe the megathread will get less notice in here.

Advertisement