Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3, Xbox 360 or a New PC

Options
  • 16-12-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hey there.
    Quick question you the gaming gurus. I have started having problems with the PC.. I got two blue screens of death which I have managed to sort out but I know my PC's days are numbered. Add that to an Xbox 360 that does not like to read disks and I am a slightly annoyed gamer.

Does anyone know of any good deals going around for new PC's.

My last on was bought 3-4 years ago.
    3.4 processor
    2 gig of ram
    200 gb hard disk.

When i got that it was €1200.

What would be the current price for a top of the range PC these days...? Its either that of get a PS3.. PCs are starting to piss me off (I am a programmer) along with Microsoft.

Would anyone recommend a PS3......?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Depends on what kind of games you want... FPSs? MMOs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Otacon wrote: »
    Depends on what kind of games you want... FPSs? MMOs?

A few years ago I probable would of the attention span to play a MMO but not any more. I am more of a FPS gamer. It was the new COD that fecked up my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

FPSs are always better on the PC (when you get them working!) I'd stick with a nice new PC if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Otacon wrote: »
    FPSs are always better on the PC (when you get them working!) I'd stick with a nice new PC if I were you.
    +1.

for fps, pc is the only way to go tbh.

head over to building/upgrading for advice on a cheap-ish gaming rig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

kaimera wrote: »
    +1.

for fps, pc is the only way to go tbh.

head over to building/upgrading for advice on a cheap-ish gaming rig

Cheers for that...
    Himm.. Next question. When is Rockband coming out on the PC... LOL. I suppose that is the only good thing about the 360's controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

padair wrote: »
    Cheers for that...
    Himm.. Next question. When is Rockband coming out on the PC... LOL. I suppose that is the only good thing about the 360's controllers.

I wouldn't think it would be too long before something similar to Frets on Fire gets made that includes the entire band package.

Just look at the games and what your friends play and choose accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Doesnt cost all that much to get a fair enough high end rig. 9800GTX Q6600 etc Pretty damn cheap these days.

Advertisement