Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTA in Maynooth

Options
  • 16-12-2008 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Just thought I'd post this here. Last night, a small black terrier / collie x was hit by a car and badly injured in Maynooth. He is a young, entire male, short black coat, wearing a multi-coloured collar with a bone design. No identification, chip or tag. About 10kg in weight.
    This poor guy was brought to a local vets at 2am for emergency treatment, but had unfortunately had sustained very severe injuries, and didn't make it. If anyone knows of a missing dog in the area, please PM me for more details. I'm aware that owner may not come forward, but just on the off-chance...
    And please let this be a lesson learned for all those who don't chip / tag their dogs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Ruby Soho wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post this here. Last night, a small black terrier / collie x was hit by a car and badly injured in Maynooth. He is a young, entire male, short black coat, wearing a multi-coloured collar with a bone design. No identification, chip or tag. About 10kg in weight.
    This poor guy was brought to a local vets at 2am for emergency treatment, but had unfortunately had sustained very severe injuries, and didn't make it. If anyone knows of a missing dog in the area, please PM me for more details. I'm aware that owner may not come forward, but just on the off-chance...
    And please let this be a lesson learned for all those who don't chip / tag their dogs.

This is just something about the Irish psyche that I just don't get, I can't understand how people just leave their dogs roam and expect that they will just come home at night time :confused:

My dog NEVER gets outside our gate unless she is with one of us and if she went wandering I would be beside myself with worry.

Why do people do this? Loose dogs are a danger to themselves, can cause RTA's like this one, can get stolen or lost. It BAFFLES me, it really does.

Advertisement