Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent...

• 16-12-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭

Hello,

just wondering what my fellow Christians do for Advent? Do you use the time to prepare for the coming of Jesus or to reflect on our relationship with Him etc?

God bless,
    Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I bought an Advent candle in LIDL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Fasting. I eat very simply and not much (unless I'm somebody's guest) and I don't plan to eat from Christmas Eve until dinner on Christmas day with my family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Puck wrote: »
    Fasting. I eat very simply and not much (unless I'm somebody's guest) and I don't plan to eat from Christmas Eve until dinner on Christmas day with my family.

Very interesting - when do you start your fast on Christmas Eve and when do you normally sit down for Christmas dinner?

This is quite a refreshing change from the philosophy that some worshippers seem to have regarding Midnight Mass (or "the first mass of Christmas" as some call it), where the attitude is that this gets the "religious side" of Christmas out of the way and gives more room for eating and drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

hivizman wrote: »
    Very interesting - when do you start your fast on Christmas Eve and when do you normally sit down for Christmas dinner?

This is quite a refreshing change from the philosophy that some worshippers seem to have regarding Midnight Mass (or "the first mass of Christmas" as some call it), where the attitude is that this gets the "religious side" of Christmas out of the way and gives more room for eating and drinking.

Christmas Eve starts at 00:00:01 on the 24th if you ask me. Dinner will probably be around one or two on the 25th.

Advertisement