Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave - Irish Broadband in Charlesland?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,

Is anyone using the "Broadband in a box" in Charlesland grove? If so what's the signal/service like?

I don't use a phoneline, so this seems like the most (financially) efficient option.

Any assistance appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I don't think you can use Ripwave, unless the coverage has changed recently, but you can certainly bet Irish Broadband's service with an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Hmmm... an ariel you say? Who prey tell would supply such a thing? And how much €€ are we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't think you can use Ripwave, unless the coverage has changed recently, but you can certainly bet Irish Broadband's service with an aerial.

Coverage map seems to indicate that Charlesland is actually covered now.

http://www.ripwave.ie/coveragecheck.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

I'm in Blacklion and it works perfectly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

yep, I had a look at their map yesterday and we look to be covered. But you know yourself - "technically covered" and "good quality of coverage" are two very different things :)

I plan on doing a lot of online gaming when Santy brings the Xbox, so I'll be needing a strong signal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yep, I had a look at their map yesterday and we look to be covered. But you know yourself - "technically covered" and "good quality of coverage" are two very different things :)

I plan on doing a lot of online gaming when Santy brings the Xbox, so I'll be needing a strong signal

Ripwave is not Suitable for gaming your pings will be sky high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Just got this a few days ago and its working fine in Seabourne, its grand for Boards and the like but forget about downloading vids unless your unemployed and very very patient!:D

Would have waited for NTL's upcoming offereing but line rental is something im allergic to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I had it for 6 months and it worked well - most of the time. I still wouldn't recommend it though, spend your money on TalkTalk or Eircom instead.

Advertisement