Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayfinder Navigator

• 16-12-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

Guys I'm seriously looking at buying the Sony Ericsson C905 very shortly. One of the reasons I want a new phone is for GPS while driving. A good GPS system is very important to me but my current satnav cannot update the maps (they are two years old now) and the car charger for it is broken.

The C905 uses Wayfinder Navigator for GPS and I was wondering how good it is. I know they use TeleAtlas maps compared to the much more detailed Navteq that I am used to. How is it to use, do you get the option of faster/shorter routes etc.

Some feedback of it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Apparently the sat nav on these isn't the greatest and wouldn't be a substitue for a Garmin or such like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Apparently the sat nav on these isn't the greatest and wouldn't be a substitue for a Garmin or such like

Where did you hear that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Elessar wrote: »
    Where did you hear that info?
    Another thread on here. Am thinking of getting one myself and was doing some research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i havent used it in a long time lads but when i did it was nowhere near like tomtom or garmin mobile? also the teleatlas maps wont be near as good as the navteq ones.

i have yet to see decent sat nav on a non smart phone, the c905 is effectively a beefed up k850i and you could have bought a bluetooth sat nav receiver for that but there was no software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Elessar wrote: »
    Guys I'm seriously looking at buying the Sony Ericsson C905 very shortly. One of the reasons I want a new phone is for GPS while driving. A good GPS system is very important to me but my current satnav cannot update the maps (they are two years old now) and the car charger for it is broken.

The C905 uses Wayfinder Navigator for GPS and I was wondering how good it is. I know they use TeleAtlas maps compared to the much more detailed Navteq that I am used to. How is it to use, do you get the option of faster/shorter routes etc.

Some feedback of it would be appreciated.

Here is a review of Wayfinder Navigator on the Sony Ericsson X1. It mentions the C905 so you should find it beneficial.

• Advertisement
Advertisement