Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Rack

Options
  • 16-12-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Ok so say if I was making a DVD rack
    and Ive already got the cavity cut out of the wood where its gona go,
    What would be the easiest/most effective way of separating the dvds (i.e what would make good separators on a dvd rack?)

Please and thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

3 or 4mm plywood, perspex or formica?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

You could also use some beading (quatrant beading upsidedown perhaps) or use a router to groove out the spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd go with the router myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

hmm was thinkin of goin with the ideo of putting somethin in as opposed to cutting the groove out.

+Ive got it wide for the dvds plus more space so cutting out isnt an option at this stage.

Quadrant beading...hmm where would I buy that? Is it cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Woodies have a good range as I'm sure B&Q do too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Quadrant only about 7 to 10 euro a length. I think they are between 2 and 3 metres long. Many different designs. Just tack it on with some tacks and maybe a drop of glue wouldn't go astray!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

lovely thanks a mil

Advertisement