Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie!

Options
  • 16-12-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Been a few years since I played regular poker, was an average player. I'm looking to get back into playing online again, a few basic questions, any help appreciated,

-What is the easiest/ safest way of transferring money from Bank acc's into poker acc's- Netteller/ Paypal etc??

-Best sites that are Mac compatible? I will be using poker stars primarily. Any others? Rake-back? Sign up bonus for these sites?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I would do something more productive with your time; the games have totally transformed since a few years ago and are difficult to beat at all levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Neteller/paypal/moneybookers are all handy, but nearly every site also accepts laser and credit cards.

You can get good RB on most sites, but that can't be discussed here. Put it in your sig and ask people to PM you with offers. I think most sites are Mac compatible as well, but a good few aren't. The only one I know for a fact is full tilt, where ~27% RB is widely available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

some sites offer some value but at as i play at lower levels ( 100 nl ) i cant comment on mid/high stake games , depends on what the OP wishes to play, party is a good example

most sites offer good payment encrytion but im guessing paypal is the securest way to play.

myself iv been using Laser card but not many sites accept them ( Party + Ipoker do though )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Don't do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I would do something more productive with your time; the games have totally transformed since a few years ago and are difficult to beat at all levels

25nl is not difficult to beat. The gamer are harder, also there is a lot more info out there to find out how to beat them. Anyone of reasonable intelligence can easily beat 100nl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

cooker3 wrote: »
    25nl is not difficult to beat. The gamer are harder, also there is a lot more info out there to find out how to beat them. Anyone of reasonable intelligence can easily beat 100nl.

Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Anyone of reasonable intelligence can easily beat 100nl.

You've just insulted half the forum:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It still requires knowledge of basic concepts and a lot of patience and discipline though - where that was less true two and half years ago. At least I think that was the point Glyn was making. But then I'm finishing up with poker more or less, and can't understand why anyone would want to jump into the abyss right now.

What the games were like 2 years ago is sort of irrelevant to the point. I'd be pretty confident I could teach someone to beat 100nl in a month if they never played poker before with some dedication. I agree it does require effort and patience which is why I used the word can.
    Some people just don't want to put the effort it which is fine if you don't want to but don't make it out that it's near impossible. Most players at 100nl are either terrible or mediocre. I highly doubt that will ever change.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,324 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What the games were like 2 years ago is sort of irrelevant to the point. I'd be pretty confident I could teach someone to beat 100nl in a month if they never played poker before with some dedication. I agree it does require effort and patience which is why I used the word can.
    Some people just don't want to put the effort it which is fine if you don't want to but don't make it out that it's near impossible. Most players at 100nl are either terrible or mediocre. I highly doubt that will ever change.

might take you up on this offer sometime... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i'd agree with el stuntman, i can't imagine poker being too enjoyable or profitable for someone starting off, esp. considering the required investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I'd be pretty confident I could teach someone to beat 100nl in a month if they never played poker before with some dedication.

Phantom Lord was suggesting something similar as a prop bet. Teaching someone to beat 200nl in two weeks.
    Would be interesting if someone tried it.

Edit: lol - speak of the devil!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

You can deposit from paddypower,boyle,brucepoker is you go into the bookies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I traveled back in time to see what poker was like 2 years ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054953612

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

looooooooooool! nick's the biggest multi-tabling monkey around atm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

looooooooooool! nick's the biggest multi-tabling monkey around atm!

you gotta love HJs analysis of his multi table performance
    play 3 for a while and see how you get on. I can play 2 as well as one, and three nearly as good as two

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

cheers for all the feedback- its a funny one really I played mainly live and a small bit online, I just don't know if I want to go back to the stage of having the extra few bob every week but knowing something is slowly taking over a large part of your life! decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I traveled back in time to see what poker was like 2 years ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054953612

Pretty amazing. A lot of the players who now play 12 tables as standard saying how they struggle to play more than 2 tables. Unreal, only 2 and a half years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    But then I'm finishing up with poker more or less

Rly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement