Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg Shaving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

tomcollins97, the mods of this forum will decide who is and isn't trolling, not you. If you've nothing more useful to add to the discussion I suggest you go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

And you accuse me of Trolling!

How is this trolling, want to give my legs a rub to see if I'm lying?

-you can, but it'll cost you dinner and a movie :)
    get yourself a Gillette Fusion Power, swear to god they're the best thing ever, never once cut my legs since I bought one.
    You can get ingrown hairs from shaving against the grain but it so so difficult to do it the other way, to avoid the ingrowing hairs exfoliate as it's growing back.

Nice tips, may have to give the 'electric non electric' razor a go! The exfoliating sounds like it could be a winner too -curse my sensitive skin and eczema
    I would recommend waxing, even though you're a boy!! it'll be sore the first time cos you're particularly hairy but after that it's a piece of p*ss and you get at least 4 weeks out of it and it won't grow back stubbly and it'll be much finer.

How'd you know I'm particularly hairy -you watching me on the monitors :eek:

Seriously though, I'm tempted, though wary as I've had reactions to depil mousse in the past

Not to change the subject too much, but do any of you ladies like the feel of a man with smooth legs? (I've not come across too many yet!)

Not to change the subject too much, but do any of you ladies like the feel of a man with smooth legs? (I've not come across too many yet!)

never thought about it tbh!!!

to answer, yes, turn off your webcam your hairiness is scaring me!

Go get a patch test from a good salon, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

E45 cream is a good post shave moisturiser for non-regular shaving areas, I found.

[edit] Sorry, I meant E45 Lotion, the cream is different stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The exfoliating sounds like it could be a winner too -curse my sensitive skin and eczema

I have very sensitive skin and eczema and have found The Sanctuary Salt Scrub (in Boots) very good as an exfoliator.

Never thought of the man with smooth legs thing tho :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

never thought about it tbh!!!

to answer, yes, turn off your webcam your hairiness is scaring me!

Go get a patch test from a good salon, where are you based?

But the ladies love the camera :P

I'm in Dublin city centre, so where's good, and man friendly?
    nouggatti wrote: »
    I have very sensitive skin and eczema and have found The Sanctuary Salt Scrub (in Boots) very good as an exfoliator.

Never thought of the man with smooth legs thing tho :D

Is it a nice thought? Maybe it could go in the chat up lines thread.. "want to see my hairless legs?" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lush do a wonder soap for sensative skin which is also an exfoilator it's called porriage.
    They also have a really good shaving creme for blokes called prince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

But the ladies love the camera :P

I'm in Dublin city centre, so where's good, and man friendly?

Brazilia
    50 South William Street
    Dublin 2
    Tel: 01 6750000

http://www.brazilia.ie/malemenu.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mlelsc

1. The trick to shaving is to wet your skin and let it soften from the heat and moisture. You don't want to shave dry skin. Shaving is a natural exfoliator and you'll clog up the razor with dead skin while putting yourself at risk for nicks.
    2. There's no need to waste your money on shaving creams formulated especially for women. They are virtually the same as the creams sold for men. (Now if you can just find a scent you can live with).

3. You are going to have to experiment with razors until you find the perfect one for you. Ask your friends for recommendations and look for a razor with lubricated strips, pivoting heads and spring-mouonted multiple blades. I've sampled several types and varieties and was amazed at how different each feels. My favorite? The Gillette Venus razor. Another great and new bet: Schick Quattro for Women, which has four super-thin blades and a pivoting head.

4. Be sure to change razors or cartridges on a regular basis, a dull blade can lead to nicks. Also, it's best not to borrow your guy's razor. His hair is coarser and will dull a blade. (Plus, don't men typically hate it when women borrow razors?)

5. Be sure to exfoliate your skin before shaving. It gets rid of all the dead skin cells that could clog up your razor, preventing a close shave.

6. Since your leg hairs grow down, you'll want to start at your ankles and shave up. For your underarms, you'll need to shave in every direction since the hair there grows every which way.

7. When finished, apply oil or moisturizer. The skin on your legs has few oil glands and has a tendency for dryness.

8. Ingrown hairs are caused when the hairs curl back under the skin. Avoid ingrowns by exfoliating daily and using a glycolic acid body lotion.

9. If you have a chronic case of ingrown hairs, try Tend Skin, an over-the-counter lotion for ingrown hairs, applying it in the morning and at night. The bumps should disappear within a couple days.

10. Consider opting for waxing, at least on your legs. You'll find that if you have coarser hair, it won't grow back as fast.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

There's a salon type place in Ranelagh called Gmale. It's basically a salon for men and they do waxing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement