Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound

Options
  • 16-12-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I recently moved in to an apartment in Charlesland. I can clearly hear footsteps, conversations, the washing machine and even people using the toilet in the duplex overhead from my bedrooms. It is becoming more and more frustrating especially late at night and early in the mornings.

I would have expected that the builders would have used sound proofing in the floor in between.

Anyone else experience this?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We didn't find it any worse than our current house, or apartments/houses we lived in beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I have heard this from mates who have apts below duplexes, aparently its a killer when your upstairs neighbours are in heels!

I also think it depends on what area your in, think wood/court are worse affected than the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

dr ro, please be careful what you say here. I've deleted your post as it's dodgy at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

I have heard this from mates who have apts below duplexes, aparently its a killer when your upstairs neighbours are in heels!

I also think it depends on what area your in, think wood/court are worse affected than the other side.

Do you mean Park / Wood. I think the Wood are the decent duplexes with concrete between floors. I could be wrong but that is my understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

I live in Charlesland Park...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

To be fair if you have wooden fllors and you wear heels in pretty much any apartment/house in the world that isn't on the ground floor the people below are gonna hear it. You're just plain selfish if you do... Either that or you don't like the people that live below you! ;)

Advertisement