Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing a cistern lid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is the lid in many bits? If not, bring it to a local bathroom showroom/plumbing merchants and you may be lucky that they have a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

OK, I will try. Do they actually sell these separately or are they always a set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I notice alot of sanitary ware store throw away damaged or chipped units, so you might be lucky - if they broke the pan they'd throw away the whole unit.

One store might have a spare match to your lid. Or maybe a spare cistern!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi
    After holidays ring Gary in Shires Dublin 01 4047600 or any of sales team. Check see is there any name on side of bowl or bottom of bowl. They will need brand name. Is it a coloured or white suite, dont panic if coloured get white one and you can have it coloured check telephone dorectory fo a "Bathman" he will spray up lid, had a few done very close to origional

Heatherview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Deadly. Thanks for all the replies, especially the last one.

It's white, thankfully.

Anywhere in particular they write the name of the suite? I don't see anything except shires. I can always send them a photo anyway.

antoin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement lid for my toilet its says on the side of the cistern Royal Venton vitreous china and the flusher is a handle on the side..does anybody know where i'd get one?

Advertisement