Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAJON RONDO - all star material????

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

would anybody agree in saying he should definitely get the starting point spot east this year in the all-star game......the Celtics are on a 15 game win streak, he had his first career triple double with 4 steals in the same game last Wednesday with the Pacers, he also had 25 point last night against the Jazz, i genuinely think he should get the starting point spot for te East..
    anybody think so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yes, No, maybe...... Its a very tough one to call, I am not the biggest fan of him, I think he has improved allot due to the influence of Garnet and co. He has had very big games this year and I can't deny that he has won a couple of games but even in that Utah game he was shocking in parts, he needs to be a bit more consistent if you ask me, he has been shocking in some games this season, I know that happens to every player but I am just not his biggest fan yet. I do think he has the ability to be great, just hope he can do it consistently.

Was watching Jameer Nelson last night and he was brilliant, granted it was against GS but Orlando will compete this year I think.
    Derick Rose should get the starting point start in the near future I predict, will be some player I think, I have been know to be wrong before though.
    Having the best record should help him secure starting point but players like Bibby and Duhon are playing well, Rondo would not get near the starting point in the West ! Thats besides the point though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 soloparadox

I haven't seen much of the Celtics this season but he had some immense home games in the playoffs last summer but ya as Carch said he can be inconsistent. Would be great to see (from a celtics fans perspective), are they calling them the "big 4" now?

I haven't seen much of the Celtics this season but he had some immense home games in the playoffs last summer but ya as Carch said he can be inconsistent. Would be great to see (from a celtics fans perspective), are they calling them the "big 4" now?

I have heard the "big four" been mentioned but it has been agreed by most I think that it is the big 3 and will probably stay that way I think.
    Allen, Pierce and Garnett though are just something else, I think these players open the way for other players on the team and let them shine, Rondo has taken this opporunity with both hands. He is good but not Garnett,Pierce, or Allen good in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rondo has been nothing short of magnificent this year. I've been watching a lot of Basketball this season, KG has been magnificent in defence as usual and his shooting from the field has improved and Ray Allen is better than last season. Pierce of course is class as he has always been.

I think Rondo has to do it for a whole season to get my vote, I agee with the previous poster, he has class all around him and you can go on a run in a team like that. Give him time but I do think he is the real deal.

Looking forward to watching him play against the Lakers this week, should be a good game and good test for him.

• Advertisement

He was fairly poor last night against the Lakers, made Fisher look like the greatest defender of all time, couldn't get away from him.
    Granted he got in foul trouble early on but rivers still kept him in for the most part.
    Missed a couple of easy lay ups too but he made some nice plays with Garnett and he is a very good defender in all fairness to him

Advertisement