Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who has played PES on a SDTV and an HDTV

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭

I had played PES on PS2 for years including PES2008 on ps2 on my Beko SDTV. Then I got a smore fancy Samsung HDTV and the next time I turned on my PS2 and played PES2008 I noticed a definite increase in the speed of the game.

Similarly, I was in my mates house a few weeks ago having my first go of PES 2009 on PS3. He has a SDTV. I thought it was good, if a little slow.

Then today, I downloaded the PES2009 demo and played it on my HDTV and again felt the game was a bit faster (in a better way).

Basically the point I'm asking is, do older TVs actually slow down Pro Evos? Do monitors and HDTVs lets the game run slightly faster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

its cause of the 60hz your using for the HDTV, its always been a common thing in games. EG if you get a rom of mario kart on the snes from America and here you will be able to get better times on the US one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Yea my mate for some reason is always noticing the difference in speed. It s weird that you notice it more in PES though. the previous poster is right tho think it s something to do with the frequency the TV has

Advertisement