Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Gatso vans

Options
  • 16-12-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got pictures of the new gatso vans that include the top view. I want to know if they also have a vent.

I searched the forum and a few rear shots and one in moving in traffic. Reason I ask is there was a white transit with wide blacked out windows parked about quarter of a mile before the Castlewarden exit on the N7 at 4.30pm today (going Naas bound). I did not spot any vent on the top of the van. Not sure if it was a gatso. No fear of anyone getting a ticket as all 3 lanes going at 80kmph at the time.

The old ones had the long windows and the vent on top and were easy to spot. The new ones look very like a regular transit that every builder and pikey has at the moment.

Also, it was close to dusk and I was wondering if the camera can get a photo of the license plate even with car headlights on. Or, are the cameras just high speed digital cameras with normal lighting capabilities.

Advertisement