Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study over Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

papu wrote: »
    i have a hoooge maths revision sheet , i've done 1/3 of it so far , also need to learn theorems , spanish roleplays , physics , irish orals , and mocks are coming up , so is the deadline for the DCG project.. :o:(

Why does that sound really sexy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

little bit of maths revision sheet....
    some irish stories...
    macbeth

have never ever heard of this french document...sounds...intriguing??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

bythewoods wrote: »
    hell thats what i thought... now i have come to realise it involves learning lots of spanish conversations.. 5 to be exact.. :mad:

but , I wonder what response you'd get off a grinds teacher looking to practise some roleplays :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Beat me to it.

cautioner wrote: »
    Beat me to it.

WHY DIDN'T I DO SPANISH?

The whole sexy thing's definitely related to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-YWQsou4S4

Ah, Scrubs.

(And yes, I seem to be a little mixed up, geographically speaking.)

• Advertisement

hahahah cheers for the laugh....

Orals...

there I said it...
    :rolleyes:

WHY DIDN'T I DO SPANISH?

Ah, Scrubs.

(And yes, I seem to be a little mixed up, geographically speaking.)

And also, the Anchorman sex scene, which sadly is absent for the 'toob.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

Ah, Scrubs.

That's too funny.:D

On the study front... I did about 2 hours of Geo writing and 2 hours of Irish writing today.. That count? Nothing else so far! I want to do LOADS but there's so many temptations pulling me away:P I'd love to:

-Make out decent notes on ALL of Walcott
    -Study 2-3 chapters for the French Oral
    -Learn off 4-5 Geo q's
    -4 hard Biology chapters
    -2 Irish poems/ stories
    -Read over some Business
    -Practise Maths 9BADLY NEEDED)

BUT... Can it be done? Please God, motivate me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

I'm 6th form in the institute full time,
    and i'm on holidays in Cork since the 23rd till new years day,

so far i've studied market structures pretty intensely for an economics test immediately when we get back, i've completed a biology revision sheet of the whole course so far, and i've written out an essay on Anti-Semitisim in Nazi Germany.

But i plan to do more biology 2mo and learn the imperfect french tense. So from xmas to the new year i have about 7-8 hours study done?, without any stress, still had a great holiday, im happy:D

doing much more and you're most likely an over-worrier, which can be just a detrimental to your L.C result as apathy, as you dont learn well when your panicking

will hav to go harder from new year on though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gah. Have done nothing! I can't study in a messy room and my room's a tip, but I'm too lazy to tidy it :( At least I've finished my desperate Housewives boxset so I've no excuse really.

• Advertisement

I got up extra-specially early today (like, 12) to get **** done but here I am, argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I got up at half 11 to get stuff done, came online to look for a hairdressers that would take me on New Year's Eve and BAM, here I am.

Piste, go study; I command you by the Beard of Zeus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I had great plans for study today... I had a timetable and all - I NEVER make study timetables.

Now I'm online, looking up times for ice-skating and trains, while minding my two year old cousin... Bye bye study....

Anybody done anything with their french document?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Got all my timetable stuff for 09. Bloody hell mocks start 16th of Feb >_< No midterm for me *sigh* On the plus side the time table for June looks handy enough (no pun intended) considering English is done over two days huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Piste wrote: »
    Gah. Have done nothing! I can't study in a messy room and my room's a tip, but I'm too lazy to tidy it :( At least I've finished my desperate Housewives boxset so I've no excuse really.

I finished my Grey's Anatomy boxset the other day and have since been given a Desperate Housewives boxset.... I'm pretty sure that friend wants me to fail! I'm never going to get around to this study malarky :rolleyes:

Haven't opened a school book yet this Christmas. Do I feel guilty? Yes. But do I care about guilt? No.

I'll start today though, I suppose.

I've still done nothing. W/E, it's alright... I need a break. I never get to see all my friends, they rarely even come home from wherever they're in college.
    I might do a bit tomorrow. Although this is doubtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I do nothing all day and then late at night I starrt feeling guilty and ****e.

The result being me sitting up in bed with my business book and highlighter in the early hours of the morning! I kid you not :eek:

I'm going to do loads today though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Had great intentions of revising loads over xmas....hasnt happened....yet! i really only started today! Made up a "check list" the day we got hols, only 2 items checked off out of many.....the next 3 days look like they are going to be fun!

Having said that though, we had to write up our Geography field study project into the real books, so i have that done (almost!) so am not feeling as guilty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Done a chapter of maths and bio and nothing else... but still 5 days left so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

did grinds in the institute all week.
    haven't done anything myself yet though...
    have what 3 days to do an entire maths mock paper, 2 english comparatives, learn all the soil chapters for a geog test the day we go back and 2 irish comprehensions and an irish essay...
    :(

kateos2 wrote: »
    have what 3 days to do an entire maths mock paper, 2 english comparatives, learn all the soil chapters for a geog test the day we go back and 2 irish comprehensions and an irish essay...

awh you can do it , do a bit tonight , get up early and get stuck in!

kateos2 wrote: »

Anything to do with Irish takes me ****ing AGES... Hate it sooooo much

I've done nothing but maths since Christmas and have just found the lovely Irish revision sheet my teacher gave me :eek:

Beidh mé gnóthach... Stair, 6 dáin, An Bhean Óg, Fiche Bliain agus An Cearrbhach, 2 cheist ar an Triail, agus cúpla leathanach faoin béaltriail... bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I haven't even done my homework yet let alone any study I wanted to do myself, tbh if I get all my homework done at this stage I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I have done very, very little. It's amazing. I've been preoccupied with the internet and laziness. It was a nice break, but I need to get my behind in gear.

Wow, anyone mind posting some of the revision study sheets you were given for Christmas? English/Bio/History/Art/Business/ if possible.

8pm. Now. Here's what I plan to do:

1)Business - Section 1 & 2, bit of 3.
    2)History - Start my essays.
    3)English - Revise Bishop (no problem) &Montague (meh)
    4)Biology: Food and Ecology Theory revision.
    5)Art : Look over La Tene.

cautioner wrote: »
    I've done nothing but maths since Christmas and have just found the lovely Irish revision sheet my teacher gave me :eek:

Beidh mé gnóthach... Stair, 6 dáin, An Bhean Óg, Fiche Bliain agus An Cearrbhach, 2 cheist ar an Triail, agus cúpla leathanach faoin béaltriail... bleh.

HATE THAT:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I've done nothing at all. I might do a little but tomorrow but then again I might not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I did sweet FA :(
    Stuff just kept coming up, then before I realised it the holidays were over! they went by really fast

Advertisement