Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Simulator Lessons?

Options
  • 16-12-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

Has anyone tried the Driving Simulator lessons here in Galway?

I've been putting off getting driving lessons for ages now and I'd like to make a start in the New Year.

I've been thinking of perhaps trying out the Driving Simulator ones first before going on to "real" lessons.

Good/bad idea?

Anyone any experience of it?

Is it actually beneficial before taking a real car out on the road or a bit of a gimmick?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

although i havent tried it i would have to say i think its probably a bit of a gimmick. No matter how real they make it feel it still wont be quite the same. If u can find a willing teacher and and quiet car park that would be where id do my first lesson. Then once you have mastered the basics 2 or 3 paid for instructor lessons. Then a couple more a few weeks before the actual test. Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

If you'd feel more comfortable doing it this way then go for it. But do progress to a real car after a few weeks.

Advertisement