Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game.co.uk - invalid phone number

Options
  • 16-12-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to post but fyi. Ordered some games for kids delivered to sister in London to bring home (because they are cheaper). She got a nice package, nice packing slip, wrong game.

So I went to ring them but the customer service phone number comes up invalid when you phone it from Ireland. Works fine from UK.

Eventually after ringing stores in London and not getting a straight answer if they would swop the games or a number for customer service, I rang a store in Dublin and they will swop over the games for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

most likely a freephone uk number (0800?)

they dont work here

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

nope it looks like an innocent phone number 0871 200 1221 but its not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

sue97 wrote: »
    nope it looks like an innocent phone number 0871 200 1221 but its not ;)

Pretty sure 1871 isn't a geographic number, so you won't be able to call it from here.

Think there's a site somewhere listing alternatives to these special rate numbers, but can't find it just now.

[edit]
    Of course, as soon as I posted I found it, even though I was sure I'd tried this already.

saynoto18790.com

For Game, as an alternative to the number you gave, it lists:
    01256 784024

Or for the main switchboard/customer services menu:
    01256 784000

So I presume that's 00 44 1256 784000 for you.

Advertisement