Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber cost on failed element???

Options
  • 16-12-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    i get the impression one of the elements in my hot tank is gone.
    Just wondering if anyone would have an idea on how much this'll cost me to get fixed?
    (ie: element + plumber = ???)

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A dual element will cost €35 to €50 depending on the shop. It's about an hours work. Not really familiar with plumber prices these days and if they'd charge a call out fee. Probably another €50 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Expect to pay around €120 including VAT. You could always buy one yourself and get someone to fit. only downside is if you have problems with it within the warranty time. Plumber will say he didn't supply so is not his concern.

Ring around and get a few prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If you know anyone who's remotely 'handy they'll be able to replace an immersion heater. I did one last week (element was truly knackered). The only tool you need is an immersion spanner and some PTFE tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If its not seized and won't budge...

Advertisement