Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny weekend accomadation

Options
  • 16-12-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

a group of us are going up to donegal to the go karting in castlefin i think its called and were going to make a weekend of it by staying in letterkenny.

I have done loads of searching on the internet and i cant find anything really suitable.

theres going to be 10 to 15 of us so we need somewhere to house us all and not have a problem with us coming in at 3 in the morning.

we usually stay in hostels but i cant find any information on hostels in letterkenny.

so was just wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable place to look into to stay for the weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This, this and this on pubs and restaurants might help a bit.

Also a thread xxxx which might help with the nightlife - may be a wee bit outdated now though. (Edit: wrong link)

Ballybofey and Lifford would be closer to Castlefinn than Letterkenny but if you want the craic at night then Letterkenny would be the best place to be based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Think the Rosemount Hostel might not be there now. Still is one on Port Road as far as I know. Usually off season a lot of accommodation (self catering) is let to Students though you could try the Tourist Office.

Should be busy weekend with Xmas and all that and The Freemasons are playing in town too on Sat night so plenty to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 vmcnult

draffodx wrote: »
    a group of us are going up to donegal to the go karting in castlefin i think its called and were going to make a weekend of it by staying in letterkenny.

I have done loads of searching on the internet and i cant find anything really suitable.

theres going to be 10 to 15 of us so we need somewhere to house us all and not have a problem with us coming in at 3 in the morning.

we usually stay in hostels but i cant find any information on hostels in letterkenny.

so was just wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable place to look into to stay for the weekend

Howya, there's a B&B that a load of friends of mine stayed in. If you are coming down the steep hill towards the roundabout it is on the left hand side, have no problem with people coming in late as they have a back door and have plenty of room. Sorry I can't remember the name of it...

Letterkenny is far better craic than Ballybofey/ Stranorlar of Castlefin..

Advertisement