Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Terminal 2 [Merged]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

New proposed road layout (applied for during August to FCC). Includes new exits between the church and the trolley lift in block C to allow for the metro box. Glad to see the exit from the Maxol being closed off with a new exit onto the back road, always a bit of a death trap. West link road to be closed off too, along with a few others as per attachment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Bluetonic wrote: »
    New proposed road layout (applied for during August to FCC). Includes new exits between the church and the trolley lift in block C to allow for the metro box. Glad to see the exit from the Maxol being closed off with a new exit onto the back road, always a bit of a death trap. West link road to be closed off too, along with a few others as per attachment.

Further to this, from same source (FCC):

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00036957.pdf

Floor plans for T2. Editing the search criteria here brings up some very interesting results, T1X etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does it say anywhere how they will split flights?

I was thinking on friday as i queued up for what seem like an age at Passport control, surely it would make sense to have one terminal for UK and Domestic flights and one for europe elsewhere.

There are 50 flights a day each way to London alone so there could well be 200 domestic and UK flights per day, or basically a third of the Airports aircraft movements. (If anyone can find the actual figures they would be appreciated)

Move that lot out of the way and it will free up a lot of room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi Fred

Not sure that is relevant any more , isn't it from Oct that the UK will require passports to travel there ( even from NI ).

I am sure then Ireland will do the same from the UK.

The common travel area is coming to an end I am afraid .

Perhaps we should join Shengen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Hi Fred

Not sure that is relevant any more , isn't it from Oct that the UK will require passports to travel there ( even from NI ).

I am sure then Ireland will do the same from the UK.

The common travel area is coming to an end I am afraid .

Perhaps we should join Shengen

I thought it was further away than that. I think Ireland will fall in with the UK and the common travel area will continue so i don't see it as being too much of an issue.

It won't make any difference to Dublin airport though, have you ever tried getting through without a passport?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

It won't make any difference to Dublin airport though, have you ever tried getting through without a passport?:)

+1

I've tried it a couple of times :P but have learnt it is much easier to show it :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A while back there was a thread on the progress of the new Terminal 2 under construction at Dublin Airport. I had a look through the Aviation and Aircraft threads and could not find the thread. Has it been discontinued? I found it interesting.

Anywho, maybe we can start up a new thread where the old one left off? Here's an image of the T2 complex as of early December 2008.

DUB-T2-1108.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I think this is what you were looking for...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324962&

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sweet. Merged with the old thread, I was actually thinking about what work had been done as i've been away from Ireland nearly a year now. A long way from completion I presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Time lapse video of the T2 construction here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Terminal 2 hotel and multistory site.

www.daa4starhotelandmscp.com

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That time lapse video of the T2 construction is excellent. I presuume it will be continued right throught to completion of the structure in late '09?

Does anyone have any recent aerial shots of Dublin Airport with the T2 construction included? I'd really like to know how Pier E construction is progressing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Official photos of T2 construction can be found here on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transformingdublinairport/

Advertisement