Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North face gear prices in Ireland Incredible !

Options
  • 16-12-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Was in Decathalon in Italy

bought a north face hat and scarf reduced from 40 to 20 for both (ie €10 for each item these would have been €20 each at their full price in Decathalon

Same hat Great outdoors €30
    Same scarf Great outdoors €40

Same hat 53 degrees north €35
    Same scarf 53 degrees north €45

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Decathlon are amazing stores and are regularly cheaper than neighbouring stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I could never get over the price of North Face gear in Ireland (which is why I don't own any!).

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

North Face seem to be a company which sets prices in stone in each territory. If you go to moosejaw.com most brand can be shipped outside of the US but not North Face.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭RJC

A Haglofs Coulior Jacket is €495 in Cork, it is £288 in the UK + £15 shipping to Ireland.

The shop in cork is offering a 20% discount - that's €100 but the uk jacket is still nearly €100 cheaper (after the discount)!

I ask you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

k123456 wrote: »
    Was in Decathalon in Italy

bought a north face hat and scarf reduced from 40 to 20 for both (ie €10 for each item these would have been €20 each at their full price in Decathalon

Same hat Great outdoors €30
    Same scarf Great outdoors €40

Same hat 53 degrees north €35
    Same scarf 53 degrees north €45

This is the reason why the only people that go into this shop are going upstairs to insomnia for a coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

backcountry.com ship north face to Ireland.. one of my favourite sites, great service and follow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

Absolam wrote: »
    backcountry.com ship north face to Ireland.. one of my favourite sites, great service and follow up.

On their website it says they can't ship North Face stuff to Europe for contractual reasons. Have you ever bought N F stuff off them? I like their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

North Face stuff in NYC is far cheaper, it's amazing how many people are wearing it (and who actually have never been hiking!).. I got a NF bag for $54 in the US, and it was €95 in Dublin, unbelievable!

Anyway, Patagonia is a far better brand.. (even if it doesn't have the 'North Face' status symbol on the back shoulder of the jacket)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Ciaran B wrote: »
    On their website it says they can't ship North Face stuff to Europe for contractual reasons. Have you ever bought N F stuff off them? I like their prices.

Yep.. couple of fleeces, a great skate bag and a couple of jackets.. stuff arrived in about 3 days and was immediately followed by an email checking I had what I wanted and it was as I expected..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Northface have opened in Kildare Village outlets.

Full range of product at 30% - 50% off year round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

Absolam wrote: »
    Yep.. couple of fleeces, a great skate bag and a couple of jackets.. stuff arrived in about 3 days and was immediately followed by an email checking I had what I wanted and it was as I expected..

Excellent.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bogzilla

same rip off for iPhone comparing UK and RoI.

£30 monthly gets you iPhone with 500 texts and 500 mins [inital cost approx £60]
    €45 monthly gets you iPhone with 100 texts and 100 mins [inital cost approx €150]

the only way to end this is to shop elsewhere. the internet is the answer. i would love an iPhone but i won't buy one in Ireland based on above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

awfull lot of fake gear on ebay so watch out
    theres a blacklist (and whitelist ) on this site

http://www.thenorthfaceguru.com/blacklist.php

Advertisement