Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BK Motors are kerplunk...

• 17-12-2008 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

The banks pulled the last toothpick on them... can't but feel that there's more like this on the way in Balbriggan. Bring back Mary White!

Really bad news... both sides (sales and service) closed their doors for the last time today. Got my current car from them, feel sorry for all concerned, they were really good to deal with - hope all get work asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

They actually have a car I had on a shortlist to go and look at, any ideas what will happen to their stock ? Auction ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

liquidators will grab all, the distributors were down today taking away the new stock, a lot of the 2nd hand cars are also gone... a bloody shame. The showroom is almost completely empty too.

Got a voicemail at 4pm yesterday saying they were closing that evening. Was like something out of the marie celeste... all work just stopped. The service manager Larry seemed in a state of shock, don't blame him.

If the banks came looking for a loan of €10billion off me you can imagine what I'd say right now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Terrible shame, especially the week before christmas. The banks really are shameless, made a mess of their business through property speculation and now coming after small and medium sized business while looking for a government bailout and no heads rolling.
    Hope all the staff at BK get sorted with jobs soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Christ! That's bad. Was only in Balrothery with Larry 2 weeks ago getting a job done on Mrs Billy's car. Mentioned that things were dire on the sales side, but the servicing was holding its own.

Here's hoping that 2009 will be a better year for the staff.

yeah, wouldn't exactly put you in the christmas mood would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

That's awful - it's brutal that the banks do that the week before Christmas. They would rather squeeze the life blood out of anybody who owes them a penny instead of clearing up their own houses first. :mad:

Is there any accountability (or accounting) in the banks for their own mess, or do we just hand them over €10bn without any questions or guarantees?

Hope the staff at BK motors have better news in the new year...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

awful shame :(

heard from a friend of one of the mechanics that they werent told :( first bit of notice they had was guys coming in and taking the cars and then a few guys in suits came in and took the pcs :(

hope they get sorted soon

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I hope this is not a sign of things to come for the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

What ever happened to their place in Drumcondra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

apartments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I heard all the cars were auctioned off on Wednesday, anyone know if that's true? I never bought a car from them, but it's not a nice thing to happen in the mouth of Christmas, especially as it's basically the fault of the banks rather than the business they've just put out of business to save their own skins.

No auction... all were collected by either the suppliers or the liquidator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Yep shame ...
    I got my 2nd car from them in sept 08.
    Sales guys were always very professional and Larry and his team were A+

Hope they find jobs in the short future ...

Advertisement