Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Trance becoming a dirty word?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

gsparx wrote: »
    it became a dirty word around 1999. people started sporting "trance sucks" t-shirts and the big names (oakenfold, sasha at al) started moving away from it.
    it seemed to survive all that and the..."WORLD'S BEST DJ'S"....seem to spin trance. i suppose, because it can be the most accessible genre of dance music.
    has it come full circle?

anyone who wore those t-****s usually liked underground slammin' techno dj's like Adam Bayer ,Speedy J ,CJ bolland and all that madness released on SHEEP records --Me included.I always hated oakenfold and in 2002 when tiesto became the no 1 DJ in the world I was livid I was like "how the fook can that nob jockey be the best DJ in the world his music is sh1te" Then this year I went to see the said nob jockey live and understood what it was about.It's all about the show for the crowd not how good your music is.Has it come full circle? dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

what a label eh? I remember you said that to me before alright I must get it from you.

Sounds a top job on the attic front, my only concern though is neighbours thankfully so the door bit wouldn't be a prob, although surely you can sort that out IF you put time into it. :)

I do get rushes too like. I have been buying a lot of CDs too. Timo Maas Loud was my latest one and it's unmixed. I want to get Sven Vath, Sound of the 8th season too, because the gig he done in the Tripod as part of that tour was absolutely banging, you should have been there.
    The thing is though that it's one thing listening without guiding the set although completely another when you are mixing away and a savage break comes out of nowhere etc :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Jay D wrote: »
    what a label eh? I remember you said that to me before alright I must get it from you.

Sounds a top job on the attic front, my only concern though is neighbours thankfully so the door bit wouldn't be a prob, although surely you can sort that out IF you put time into it. :)

I do get rushes too like. I have been buying a lot of CDs too. Timo Maas Loud was my latest one and it's unmixed. I want to get Sven Vath, Sound of the 8th season too, because the gig he done in the Tripod as part of that tour was absolutely banging, you should have been there.
    The thing is though that it's one thing listening without guiding the set although completely another when you are mixing away and a savage break comes out of nowhere etc :cool:

Yeah sure hook up soon and drop the record over, was a good label alright, along with Bellboy.

I mainly buy unmixed CD's, varying though from ambient to techno with lots in between... even picked up actually Sven Vath's first two albums only last week. Agree alright about just listening, often now while listening I'd be thinking how much I'd love to mix a tune in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Yeah that would be great man, I'm away a lot over the Xmas but Jan we make a date and sort it, thanks :)

Advertisement