Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTW Itinerary - Comments please

• 17-12-2008 2:10am

London - Sao Paulo

Sao Paulo - Santa Cruz(bolivia)

Santa Cruz - Beunos Aires

Bueson Aires - Melbourne

Melbourne - Cairns (Overland)

Cairns - Auckland

Auckland - Hong Kong

Hong Kong - Shanghai

Shanghai - Beijing

Beijing - London

London - Home

Hong Kong has been scratched off the list due to the prices. Everywhere else looks pretty good currency wise due to the current currency rates.

I'm bringing 10K spending money and going for 6 months. New Zealand is skiing. Brazil is looking like one of my most expensive countries for tours and general accommodation. Not staying in hostels, staying in hotels (which is actually not that bad when you look in the right places and split it with your girlfriend).

Feedback welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

yeah on the hotel thing you will def save money doing that. Couples have it easy. we were paying 10 euro's for 2 dorm beds in the loki, la paz.... moved into a hotel, private room, double bed TV, room service, 7 euro's... and these can be found everywhere..

We mix it up every now and again. worked up a huge bill at loki so decided to save money the 3rd week.. the only downside is if you stick to hotels you wont meet anybody.. literally.

Check hostels for private rooms too they are usually the same price as a dorm if you dont mind a shared bathroom.

Are they your flights below? id change the santa cruz - BA to la paz to BA.. as when you fly into santa cruz you will have to head all the way to la paz overland anyway.. why go back for a flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I think Queenstown in NZ is skiing central so maybe fly in and out of there instead of Auckland which is miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Flynn wrote: »
    yeah on the hotel thing you will def save money doing that. Couples have it easy. we were paying 10 euro's for 2 dorm beds in the loki, la paz.... moved into a hotel, private room, double bed TV, room service, 7 euro's... and these can be found everywhere..

Really?? In South America? Interesting...

Itinerary looks good. I was hoping to get a bit of China into mine too but just not feasible. We're planning 20 grand spending money for a full year, so your 10 seems about right too.

Advertisement