Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it just me..? wats your opinion...??

• 17-12-2008 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hey is it jus me or has the games bein released these days have no cheats for them...i mean i love playin a game thru on my own wit out cheatin but wen i finished i like to mess round and have fun wit ou bein able to die or run ou of bullets etc. the 3 last games i have bought i cnt get cheats for any of them (fable 2 , fallout3 , and far cry 2)... wat does everyone else tink..?? should ya be able to cheat in them or wat??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Hm tough one! personally I'd rather go without if I input them before finishing the game (which I normally would do if they were available and I was bored) I find the game is ruined as I no longer want to play without every gun available or infinite health, GTA would be the best example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Don't see the point in forking out cash on a game and then using cheats to complete it quickly.Can see the point of them in some games like in Soul Calibur to unlock the characters or in other games to unlock additional content. Generally don't bother with them at all though and in fairness if you're a half decent gamer with the difficulty level being set so low on the majority of games now I don't really think that they're necessary.E.g. completed the solo campaign on gears of war 2 on the hard setting in about 3 days and didn't die once, was really pissed off cause just wasn't challenging , so would iagine if you're not an experienced gamer you'd complete something similar on the easy settin quick enough with out any cheats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Not bothered with cheats really. You don't get achievements points for them. As long as the game doesn't force you to replay the same bits over and over or give you a limited amount of lives, cheats are a little redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd like them to be available. You don't have to use them if you don't want to. And I find it pretty relaxing blasting through a game when I'm invincible. It's my prefered way of letting off steam. I don't mind if the cheats only become locked when you finish the game, as it encourages you to get your moneys worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Meatwad wrote: »
    Don't see the point in forking out cash on a game and then using cheats to complete it quickly.Can see the point of them in some games like in Soul Calibur to unlock the characters or in other games to unlock additional content. Generally don't bother with them at all though and in fairness if you're a half decent gamer with the difficulty level being set so low on the majority of games now I don't really think that they're necessary.E.g. completed the solo campaign on gears of war 2 on the hard setting in about 3 days and didn't die once, was really pissed off cause just wasn't challenging , so would iagine if you're not an experienced gamer you'd complete something similar on the easy settin quick enough with out any cheats.
    murraydave wrote: »
    i mean i love playin a game thru on my own wit out cheatin but wen i finished i like to mess round and have fun wit ou bein able to die or run ou of bullets etc.

The OP isn't talking about using cheats to complete a game it's for messing about after the game.

Love the GTA ones myself flying cars etc good laugh once the games is over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement