Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm system wired vs wireless

Options
  • 17-12-2008 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am building a house at the moment and running some CT100 and CAT6 for first fix. Is it still worth running the traditional alarm cable to the various useful points or does wireless pretty much cover it these days ?

TIA!

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Run the wires while you can. For me wireless is only an option if you can't run the wires like in a second hand house etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would be much better to wire for the alarm with your first fixing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i would agree with the previous posts,if you can run the cables in the first fix then do it. try to get the cables as close as posible to where the sensors will be to save untidy cables or junction boxes later, this is much easier when the windows are in as you can see where they will be. dont forget cables for your pirs, echo, rkp and a 3pair phone cable/cat5 to where your main phone line will be incase you want it monitored or a text dialer.

ps ...im a big fan of wirefree but only in cases where wiring is not an option

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Thanks guys for all your input, I will run the cable during the holidays !

Best regards, P.

Advertisement