Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsground location?

Options
  • 17-12-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭

Is the Connacht rugby home venue located in the Greyhound Stadium or is it somewhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

It is the greyhound stadium on College Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

should have a ground share with galway united and build a new stadium outside the city,but with sports politics on the rugby side wont happen.
    Small mindedness on behalf of rugby will expect to fit 12 thousand people into a stadium probably designed for 3 thousand max.
    Ever go to a big game there?
    just try to get to the toilet and pray you dont have a number 2 as you'll be waiting!
    Visitors to the sportground must laugh on their way home,as its an amateur setup by a "professional" team?!?
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

12K? Where'd you get a figure like that? I've worked there for nigh on four years, and the most I've seen there would be maybe four thousand. And it's black with people then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

should have a ground share with galway united and build a new stadium outside the city,but with sports politics on the rugby side wont happen.
    Small mindedness on behalf of rugby will expect to fit 12 thousand people into a stadium probably designed for 3 thousand max.
    Ever go to a big game there?
    just try to get to the toilet and pray you dont have a number 2 as you'll be waiting!
    Visitors to the sportground must laugh on their way home,as its an amateur setup by a "professional" team?!?
    john

Wow, you really know a lot about sports don't ya! Ever been to Terryland? Notice how the pitch is really close to the walls at either end? Well thats also the length of a rugby pitch, PLUS the 10 yards behind the posts (at either end) AKA the in-goal area where tries are scored.
    Terryland is far too short to be used as a rugby pitch, thats why its never even been mooted.

But then, maybe they should have asked "experts" like you... :rolleyes:

Zzippy wrote: »
    Wow, you really know a lot about sports don't ya! Ever been to Terryland? Notice how the pitch is really close to the walls at either end? Well thats also the length of a rugby pitch, PLUS the 10 yards behind the posts (at either end) AKA the in-goal area where tries are scored.
    Terryland is far too short to be used as a rugby pitch, thats why its never even been mooted.

But then, maybe they should have asked "experts" like you... :rolleyes:

If you dont mind for my sins!

• Advertisement

wet-paint wrote: »
    12K? Where'd you get a figure like that? I've worked there for nigh on four years, and the most I've seen there would be maybe four thousand. And it's black with people then.

I was on about the lack of foresight on behalf of the CBIRFU!
    How is rugby ever going to grow when the are limiting the attendances?
    plus the results on the pitch!,don't get me started!
    slan
    j

Advertisement