Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eurpoean mapps!

• 17-12-2008 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

i bought a navigon sat nav a few months ago and i was thinking of buying european mapping for it,i was wondering if this included the canary islands and if not which brand of sat nav do supply european maps that include the canary islands?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I have a TomTom Go 720 that came with Western Europe Maps installed. This includes the Canary Islands, but you have to switch the map to the Canary Islands, as it's not incorporated into the standard Western Europe map.

I don't know anything about Navigon, what map supplier do they use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mrmac wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Navigon, what map supplier do they use?
    They use Navteq maps.

They're certainly on the latest City Navigator NT Europe 2009 maps on my Garmin, so I'd assume they'd be included in the maps Navigon supply. The only people who'd know for certain though would be Navigon though. Why don't you ask them?

Yeah, the Canary Islands are also on my Garmin 250W, using the Navteq Europe Maps from 2008, so I'd say it's a safe bet that they'll be on the Navigon Europe maps as well.

The only people who'd know for certain though would be Navigon though. Why don't you ask them?

Not a bad idea, or at least get back to the place where you bought it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭sportbilly2008

thanks for the advice, ill email navigon this evening, as for asking the people where i bought is a non runner sa i bought it in halfords with employs dizzy blondes posing as employees!

Dizzy Blondes! Jeez, only got mono-brow petrol heads in my local Halfords!
    Lucky you.... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement