Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds Smallest Roadworks!

Options
  • 17-12-2008 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Did something ever just bug you? Well Ocean FM's traffic and travel info has been bugging me for months now. Each day they annouce details of the world shortest roadworks !!

"Drivers on the N15 are advised of delays on the N15 Donegal to Strabane Road between Ballybofey and Stranolar"

How is this possible? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

irish1967 wrote: »
    Did something ever just bug you? Well Ocean FM's traffic and travel info has been bugging me for months now. Each day they annouce details of the world shortest roadworks !!

"Drivers on the N15 are advised of delays on the N15 Donegal to Strabane Road between Ballybofey and Stranolar"

How is this possible? :rolleyes:
    They must be re-surfacing the bridge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

smashey wrote: »
    They must be re-surfacing the bridge. :D

lol

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That would be the works in Stranorlar which are to be completed in the next couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Same item on i102's traffic news. They are just reading out what they must be getting from Co Council or AA roadwatch and it does say between Ballybofey and Stranorlar on I as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Another government funded plot to confuse people from the Wesht heading to ASDA;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

So what about the solar lighting, has it made any difference to Gweedorians?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

hmm.. they will also warn us then of other hazards on the same road..such as... corners..puddles...other vehicles...traffic calming.. speed limits.. potholes... hmmm.:rolleyes:

We really do need the world's smallest roadworks in Lifford.

This week, they put up a nice shiny new pedestrian crossing at the bridge side of the hospital. They resurfaced the road, put on new road markings and left a bloody great crater at the entrance to the hospital. The thing has to be a foot deep. How feckin retarded is that? :mad:

Anybody coming from Strabane would do well to keep to the extreme left of the road as you approach the hospital entrance.

That pothole must be a relation of the crater that was near the car boot sale site in Lifford a few weeks ago... it was one of those potholes, you know the ones, that makes you cringe when you hit it and think... puncture and new alloy wheel !

I live on a dead end road with 7 houses and the council came to fill in large potholes last week... is it just me or is filling in potholes a bad idea when you cant see them due to the fact that they are all full of water. :confused:

Anybody coming from Strabane would do well to keep to the extreme left of the road as you approach the hospital entrance.

Many thanks for that Smashey... that Trench was carefully avoided yesterday.

Having said that.. beware of the miniature Grand Canyon pothole as you approach Castlefinn heading south (about 200 yards before the turnoff into the village) ... also beware cars avoiding this hole as you approach heading North.:mad:

• Advertisement

Many thanks for that Smashey... that Trench was carefully avoided yesterday.

Having said that.. beware of the miniature Grand Canyon pothole as you approach Castlefinn heading south (about 200 yards before the turnoff into the village) ... also beware cars avoiding this hole as you approach heading North.:mad:
    No problems. There was a traffic cone over that canyon near Castlefinn this morning. :D

No problems. There was a traffic cone over that canyon near Castlefinn this morning. :D
    Im amazed its still there. I nearly drove over the ****ing thing last night on my way home. :eek:

muffler wrote: »
    Im amazed its still there. I nearly drove over the ****ing thing last night on my way home. :eek:
    Me too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Well some things never change in Donegal ;-)
    I remember in national school homework once, being given the task of writing a letter to the council to complain about the condition of the roads.
    That was more than twenty years ago!

Probably the same potholes too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

muffler wrote: »
    Probably the same potholes too. :D
    Ha!
    maybe the council could start an 'adopt a pothole' scheme.
    For 19.99 you get a picture of the pothole and twice yearly updates on its growth and tyre tally.
    be great for those of us missing the place ;-)

Oh yeah.. forgot this one... after colliding with the grand canyon near Castlefinn we arrived in Stranolar and came across a council truck, orange lights aflashing filling in a pothole on the main road at the Bus Eireann station... at 8pm on a Sunday!! Why?

(hmmm.. it is oppoite the Chapel... maybe a bit of Divine Intervention!):rolleyes:

Oh yeah.. forgot this one... after colliding with the grand canyon near Castlefinn we arrived in Stranolar and came across a council truck, orange lights aflashing filling in a pothole on the main road at the Bus Eireann station... at 8pm on a Sunday!! Why?

(hmmm.. it is oppoite the Chapel... maybe a bit of Divine Intervention!):rolleyes:
    No idea about loitering outside the chapel but I did see a large trench or part of a trench opened along there on Saturday. What I mean by that is that it was a strip that was dug up some time ago (probably for the BB cables), filled again and tarred over but for what ever reason it ripped open for about a 2 metre length almost.

The craters at Lifford and Castlefinn were filled in yesterday and should last until the next heavy shower.

Advertisement