Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Ideas

• 17-12-2008 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Well I am originally from Waterford now living in Dublin. I had my first child recently so want to treat the missus to a nice Hotel weekend (Spa facilities not important, nice grub would be nice) in March somewhere in southeast not too near (like faithlegg and waterford castle) but not too far from Dunmore road where my folks will be looking after my first born. Any ideas? I'm thinking Wexford (Dunbrody house?) or Kilkenny but if you have any suggestions for West Waterford I'd gratefully take them on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

The Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore is really nice and about a 45min drive from Waterford.

http://www.thecliffhousehotel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Thanks for that. I booked Ardmore for weekend in march.

Interestingly I found a deal on bestlovedhotels.com which said to quote website when booking. It was two nights, two breakfasts and one dinner for 2 people for 495 euro. Offer was valid off season Sept 08 to Apr 09. But when I called they said the deal was 525 euro and the 495 euro was only for 2008. So I wrote email to website and hotel complaining about misleading advertising and they backed down and adjusted booking.

Nice to see them having to back down with the big R going on. Not all bad the downturn.

Certain groups of society's chickens coming home to roost!

Hope the soup doesn't taste funny now with dinner though!

Advertisement