Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Photo Gallery with slideshow on home page

Options
  • 17-12-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a php/mysql photo gallery software for a single user. User needs to be able to upload their photos through a web form and the site will display a list of thumbnails in each gallery.

I also need to display a slideshow on the web site front page showing a random selection of photographs from the galleries.

Is there an open source solution that can do all this or will I need to mix and match?

I need to be able to customise the backgrounds etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Google for a PHP script (there are several versions, including a paid one) called Lightbox; that does what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Other ideas: Gallery or PixelPost.

These will manage the photos (uploading, different folders/grouping and background colours) but you may need to write code to have a random slideshow. As BenjAii mentioned, Lightbox can do the slideshow (use: rel="lightbox[Something] for all images) but creating that list is where the coding comes in.
    There may already be an add-on to do this (most likely for Gallery because it is so popular) but it could be a fun little project if there isn't. I'd be on for giving it a go - PM if/when you've decided on the photo gallery part.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

http://www.vrangsinn.net/demo/bandAdministrationDemo.php?bandId=698 (link is to a demo site, which has some bugs)

Using plogger to upload the images, but really we could have used a simple upload php file. Plogger just gave us the ability to upload a zip file and then it added all the images in the zip file to the gallery. We had issues with plogger though in that it is not great at trapping exceptions. I think we use plogger as well to create the different thumbnails but if i remember this uses some other php library anyway.

To show the images we use: JonDesign's Smooth Gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Adobe Lightroom can create and upload photo galleries straight to a web address. It's ace!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Check out Slideshowpro - for displaying the images and Slideshowpro Director for managing all the uploads and everything. It's not Open Source, but it's very very good and very affordable.

http://slideshowpro.net/

• Advertisement
Advertisement