Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incredible...truly incredible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

She wasn't talking about Tallaght A&E.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'm lost for words.

Perhaps Harney should be made to sit on her fat arse for 12-16 hours in Tallaght A&E and see if she has the balls to utter that sh1te to the people waiting there.

Lost for words? You seemed to find some.

I think that discussion of issues of public concern is devalued when people resort to personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

she is looking at supply and demand. The more she can cut when there is less demand the better. Hopfully when the demand is high the opposite might happen. Would be happier if cuts could come more from admin staff though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It really is worse than we think.....:(

What Ms Harney is articulating in the Dàil is simply based upon what her HSE Senior Civil Servants and their "Consultants" have reported back to her.

Whilst Tony EH may be accused of somewhat intemperate dialogue,his essential point remains valid.

It is a matter of record that Ms Harney has been a uniquely hands-off Minister for Health.
    Her appointment of Prof Drumm was a very early indication that she had little real grà for or more importantly,interest in,this brief.
    This was proven for me by her insistence on making statements on Public Transport issues,including a threat to withdraw from cabinet should her partys policies on Public Transport not be afforded prominence.

She is however not alone in this detachment as there are many similarly afflicted Ministers wandering abroad in the corridors of powerlessness.

I would have the strongest of reservations as to Ms Harneys use of the statistics regarding A&E coverage,is she referring to medical staff or to staff as a whole.
    The number of associated support staff required to maintain order in a busy A&E is not something which she might want to draw attention to either and again it is unlikely Ms Harney would ever witness this scenario in the Blackrock or Beacon Clinic`s suites.

Few are prepared to admit it,but we are rapidly headed for a "Let them eat cake" quote from the likes of Ms Harney with all of the attendant consequences that will bring :mad: :mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement