Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mike65 wrote: »
    Opening early with the news that Pompeys Diarra is off to Real Madrid for a belived 9 million sterling.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/17/lassana-diarra-portsmouth-real-madrid

9 million

wow thats cheap money for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

9 million

wow thats cheap money for him

The sun are reporting £24m :D

Sizzler wrote: »
    The sun are reporting £24m :D

and thats to much for him:D

id pay 12-15 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Other sources saying £20 million. We dodged a bullet if that's the case.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »

ya SSN are reporting that is in the region of 20 million

too much for him tbh

also looks like McGeady could be going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Prediction;

Diarra to City and look out for a bid from Spurs for Martins and a bid from Newcastle for Matty Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Martins would be a good signing. Really like him as a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Yeah, I really rate Martins. He'd be lethal if he got some good service.

Taylor for Newcastle would be a good signing too. They're crying out for another left back.

Will any of the big four make any signings? (Aside form the Serbian going to Utd) Defender or defensive midfielder to Arsenal? Robbie leaving Liverpool? Chelsea signing another midfielder:pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This would be awesome as we get like 10% of his transfer fee :D

Frisbee wrote: »
    This would be awesome as we get like 10% of his transfer fee :D

do ye ,nice

Frisbee do you think arsenal will be buying in January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

do ye ,nice

My head says it's the only logical thing to do.
    My heart knows it won't happen

Frisbee wrote: »
    My head says it's the only logical thing to do.
    My heart knows it won't happen
    I think ye really need to buy and january

DM and CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Don't try and make it into a positive thing. Money is irrelevant for City and Diarra was/is the perfect signing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I can see Liverpool making a move for Owen, would be worth it for 2-3million.

Other than that, i cant see too many comings or goings at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Heskey looks a good bet to move on. I read that Chelsea are interested but can't see that. A move to Villa wouldn't surprise me as I reckon he'd be good back-up for Carew and he can play in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Heskey looks a good bet to move on. I read that Chelsea are interested but can't see that. A move to Villa wouldn't surprise me as I reckon he'd be good back-up for Carew and he can play in Europe.

I really suggest you change your reading material, seriously :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

God knows what kind of car boot Ashley is going turn Newcastle in to come Jan 1st.

This window will be a real test for Kinnear. He has been adamant that Owen won't be sold in the window, even if he doesn't sign the deal. If he stays true to this, he'll go up in my books.

Would hate to see Oba or Steve Harper go. The likes of Shola, Smith, Xisco and Cacapa can jog on.

Taylor or Warnock would be ideal signings. We have been crying out for a LB, and with the rest of the defense coming together now, it could see us field a very solid back 4 for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Bruce is talking silly money, 8m. I mean, in all fairness - despite his good form of late - there's no way Emile Heskey is worth that, with him being in his 30s now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Bruce is talking silly money, 8m. I mean, in all fairness - despite his good form of late - there's no way Emile Heskey is worth that, with him being in his 30s now.

Yeah, but with Dave Whelan bankrolling them, they are a selling club. Therefore, they will set a high price on him, and sure if someone bites, then good luck. Otherwise, they retain the services of a very good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

do ye ,nice

Personally think we will buy in Jan, pretty obvious that we need a couple of signings but also bare in mind that certain season tickets are up for renewal in Feb/March and for many this is the first renewal at the Emirates as many took up a three year option, the club needs these people to renew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Wenger will buy someone definitly just maybe not a dmc an a defender god knows who have a funny feeling itll be a big enough name for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Yeah, but with Dave Whelan bankrolling them, they are a selling club. Therefore, they will set a high price on him, and sure if someone bites, then good luck. Otherwise, they retain the services of a very good player.

I agree, but 8m? You may as well go overseas. Why is it that English pllayers command such ludicrous prices?

I agree, but 8m? You may as well go overseas. Why is it that English pllayers command such ludicrous prices?

It has been suggested that they have premiership experience and are more likely to stay at a club/in the country so less of a gamble, same as Irish players afterall Keane to Liverpool was a huge transfer fee

Not exactly a realiable source and claims it will happen in the summer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2048767.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well he does want to go. So let him go. When can he buy himself out?

Advertisement