Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Bank to Exchange EURO in Northern Ireland?

• 17-12-2008 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

This is essentially a bargain info request for the above:

If one was to walk into Ulster Bank etc in Belfast looking to exchange Euro; What exchange rate could I expect from the various bank branches? Fluctuating spot rates on xe.com aren't realistic for this type of transaction - So maybe a local can help out here?

Thanks in advance,

C.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

consultech wrote: »
    This is essentially a bargain info request for the above:

If one was to walk into Ulster Bank etc in Belfast looking to exchange Euro; What exchange rate could I expect from the various bank branches? Fluctuating spot rates on xe.com aren't realistic for this type of transaction - So maybe a local can help out here?

Thanks in advance,

C.

Would you accept some northern bank notes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

hi

I use http://www.northwestmoneyexchange.com/ in Derry
    Still only save about 3 pound of 600 euro so not great either

You will have to ring the banks to ask them their rate
    They dont advertise it and even the banks have started to change the rate at lunch each day

I wish i was changing euro instead of the other way around
    My wage has gone down 25% in last year :(

Advertisement