Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Christmas wrapping paper 1 pound or 1 euro 50

Options
  • 17-12-2008 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Very ignorant of exchange rates when it suits

Wrapping paper that costs apound in NI will set you back 1 euro 50 in ROI

Current euro sterling exchange rate a Euro is worth over 91 pence sterling.

Robbers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunnes actually robbed people?

Oh wait, the people are allowed to make up their own mind if it is worth it or not. Nobody ripped off so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

will people ever give over about the exchange rate. that has nothing to do with the prices down here.

did you buy it? if you did tough you should have shopped up nortstop complaining you paid for it no rip off. i agree with rubadub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Blue-sky

The formulae for lower prices is relatively straight forward.Below I list the first 10 points of my manifesto.

To begin with get rid of the Coward Cowan, have a quite word with Catatonic Coughlan, and invite little lenihan to go water his aunties roses.

Then offer me a one year term as El Supremo. My spleen would be vented as follows;

1. Bertie Ahern would be tried for the following crimes; crimes against paye workers, crimes against credulity, crimes against the English language, crimes against greed, crimes against the reputation of spineless lickspittles whose reputation may never recover by association.

2. Illegalise the word 'entitlement' for all government employees, punishable by an immediate transfer to hell ( or the 'private sector' as government employees like to call it ).

3. No more part time Public sector workers allowed. This means teachers will have to work for their money. See thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055455262

4. Sack half of everybody in every orifice of government and public service, from ministers to janitors. The half of the country that actually generates wealth is being eaten alive by these parasites.

5. Instruct the beards in the trade union 'movement' to enrol for feminist studies at Trinity.

6. Political dynasties to be abolished, selection and election on merit only ( are ye listening Bev ).

7. Close every single blood sucking quango.

8. Abolish the following with immediate effect; TV licence, Bus lanes, Industry regulators of every shape size and colour, Ministerial expenses, TD's expenses, the use of the term 'Carbon Footprint', The concept of the term 'Carbon Footprint', all commitments to reducing 'Carbon Footprint', cycling on public roads paid for by motorists, condescending and patronising segments from AA roadwatch on radio particularly when requesting us to text in information but "not while driving", all toll roads, the ideology of paying single mothers not to work, and pavee point, to name but a few.

9. Compulsory and annual mental health checks on all green party members.

10. And last but not least nationalise David McQuiff, Eddies Bobs, and George prozac if for no other reason than they give me a tooth ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Blue-sky wrote: »
    The formulae for lower prices is relatively straight forward.Below I list the first 10 points of my manifesto.

To begin with get rid of the Coward Cowan, have a quite word with Catatonic Coughlan, and invite little lenihan to go water his aunties roses.

Then offer me a one year term as El Supremo. My spleen would be vented as follows;

1. Bertie Ahern would be tried for the following crimes; crimes against paye workers, crimes against credulity, crimes against the English language, crimes against greed, crimes against the reputation of spineless lickspittles whose reputation may never recover by association.

2. Illegalise the word 'entitlement' for all government employees, punishable by an immediate transfer to hell ( or the 'private sector' as government employees like to call it ).

3. No more part time Public sector workers allowed. This means teachers will have to work for their money. See thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055455262

4. Sack half of everybody in every orifice of government and public service, from ministers to janitors. The half of the country that actually generates wealth is being eaten alive by these parasites.

5. Instruct the beards in the trade union 'movement' to enrol for feminist studies at Trinity.

6. Political dynasties to be abolished, selection and election on merit only ( are ye listening Bev ).

7. Close every single blood sucking quango.

8. Abolish the following with immediate effect; TV licence, Bus lanes, Industry regulators of every shape size and colour, Ministerial expenses, TD's expenses, the use of the term 'Carbon Footprint', The concept of the term 'Carbon Footprint', all commitments to reducing 'Carbon Footprint', cycling on public roads paid for by motorists, condescending and patronising segments from AA roadwatch on radio particularly when requesting us to text in information but "not while driving", all toll roads, the ideology of paying single mothers not to work, and pavee point, to name but a few.

9. Compulsory and annual mental health checks on all green party members.

10. And last but not least nationalise David McQuiff, Eddies Bobs, and George prozac if for no other reason than they give me a tooth ache.

i like it i love it

Advertisement