Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee / Green Tea /Reguar Tea

• 17-12-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Guys,

Im trying to lose weight by healthy eating and lots of excersise! I have a question regarding Cafine.

I drink no more then 1 cups of coffee per day with low fat milk (just a dribble) and no sugar.

I read recently that caffeine can actually slow down your mentabolism.

IS this true?? Im not a big fan of green tea but il drink it if i have to.
    Can it really make that much of a difference?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

vibes23 wrote: »
    I drink no more then 1 cups of coffee per day with low fat milk (just a dribble) and no sugar.

I read recently that caffeine can actually slow down your mentabolism.

I've experienced no such symptoms and I would drink several coffees in a day. It has been reported that cafestal can direclty increase cholestoral levels though. This is worth a read.

You're only drinking one cup a day so I wouldn't give it a second thought
    if you're getting plenty of exercise and eating properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If anything, coffee speeds up your metabolism. Most commercial fat burners and diet pills are based on caffeine and a sprinkle of other ingredients. The caffeine is the one that causes you to feel hotter and burn a few extra calories.

In fact, for most people, coffee has more health benefits than drawbacks. Regular coffee drinkers tend to have fewer gallstones and type two diabetes than non-drinkers and for most people, it's the main source of anti-oxidents. Sure, blueberries have more, but how often do you eat blueberries? There are a few unlucky people who can't drink much coffee, it raises their blood pressure etc but chances are you already know if coffee makes you feel crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

Thanks Guys ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I've also heard that having a cup of coffee before a weights sessions can help with the DOMS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

There's definitely research to say that it raises the pain threshold, so you lift harder for longer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement