Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Des Cahill Annoys the hole off me!!

• 17-12-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Aaaaaaargh!!!

he was on Tubridy this morning and seems he can't say anything . ANYTHING without reference to 'de fellas'!!!

Who the fook are 'de fellas'

I HATE the way he lapses into feral Dublinese when he throws a jibe at a 'fella' which seems to be his stock in trade ,throwing jibes at 'fellas'.

You can picture him quivering with excitement at 'de chance of trowin a few verbals at de fellas'

Aaah neow in fairness, snnnort hhhummmmmph.

jaysus ,maybe he's a nice guy, but he cripples up my arsehole big time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Urh, eh yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I wouldn't be his greatest fan but he does appear to have a good dry sense of humour, there's worse you could be listening to.

I only caught part of the interview this morning but apparntly he's a good cook because he got five stars on the restaurant or maybe that just means he can pick a good menu and get someone else to cook it to perfection for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

jaysus ...he's just come on and will be interviewing Davy Keogh.

Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I actually like him. I find his interviewing style quite entertaining and humorous. Plus he's an ABU :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

always found him to be a smug git , word has it he thinks hes dead sexy too
    one immiedietly thinks of fat bastard from austin powers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Aaaaaaargh!!!

he was on Tubridy this morning and seems he can't say anything . ANYTHING without reference to 'de fellas'!!!

Who the fook are 'de fellas'

I HATE the way he lapses into feral Dublinese when he throws a jibe at a 'fella' which seems to be his stock in trade ,throwing jibes at 'fellas'.

You can picture him quivering with excitement at 'de chance of trowin a few verbals at de fellas'

Aaah neow in fairness, snnnort hhhummmmmph.

jaysus ,maybe he's a nice guy, but he cripples up my arsehole big time.
    For a man who makes his living on the radio he has very bad diction and is more than a little inarticulate. He also hums and haws a lot, its infuriating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Didn't he and Damian McCall (I think that was his name) have a bust up on air (2 FM I think) a number of years ago? Cahill used to do the sports news and McCall was not a sports fan. It became quite obvious that Cahill has no time for McCall because he did not know much about sports and it came to a head on radio one day.

Didn't he and Damian McCall (I think that was his name) have a bust up on air (2 FM I think) a number of years ago? Cahill used to do the sports news and McCall was not a sports fan. It became quite obvious that Cahill has no time for McCall because he did not know much about sports and it came to a head on radio one day.
    And where is McCall now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Always sounds as if he cant be arsed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

bohsboy wrote: »
    Always sounds as if he cant be arsed. :(

Especially when in the studio with Pat Kenny in the morning. Think the guys from Apres Match got it spot on in the skit they did on them.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Especially when in the studio with Pat Kenny in the morning. Think the guys from Apres Match got it spot on in the skit they did on them.

That was one of the funniest sketches they have ever done! biggrin.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Cahill is a typical RTE Ligger....has some talent - but too lazy to try and stretch beyond his comfort zone.

Happy to bumble along on the edge of mediocracy - while using his "celebrity" status to bag some lucrative giggs as MC to various Corporate Beanfeasts.

RTE is full of these types.

Cahill is a typical RTE Ligger....has some talent - but too lazy to try and stretch beyond his comfort zone.

Happy to bumble along on the edge of mediocracy - while using his "celebrity" status to bag some lucrative giggs as MC to various Corporate Beanfeasts.

RTE is full of these types.

Most of the "stars" in RTE have a Civil Service attitude to their work, meaning they will do the bare minimum that is required but no more. Laziness personified! mad.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I disagree, Des Cahill is unashamedly representing the sports fanatic when it comes to interviewing sports people, he reads out comments from members of the public and asks the questions that the regular Joe wants asked. His show at 6:30 p.m. on RTE Radio1 is admittedly very unstructured but that in my opinion is deliberate and makes for easy listening after two hours of news.

He is also a very personable individual, I have seen him close up at a corporate event where he was paid to appear and he did the whole room and had time to talk to everyone. He is a genuine character and if you don't like the way he talks then maybe you should tune to that goofy Michael Mullen with the fake accent on Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

I have met Des on numerous occasions at many different events. i think he is the only sports presenter on radio and TV today that has a genuine interest in all sports both team and individual unlike people like moikel mc mullen whose only interest lies in soccer and that other gimp from tipp who only gets exicited about GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

On the "Late Late" right now.

Thank God I missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

who'd have thought he grew up on the same street as david mcwilliam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Count Orlok

Des Cahill has not a patch on the "Off the Ball" lads on Newstalk who know their stuff and also have you in stitches. Pity really...I agree with post that says he sounds like he cant be arsed, prob only comes in to RTE to collect his daily wheelbarrow full of cash...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Dare I say something positive about our national broadcaster but Des Cahill is actually a very nice guy who is into his sport. Granted he has it cushy at RTE but there are many others I would have shot before him.

Can't say fairer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mind you if you had to be in the studio with Pat first thing in the morning your lifeforce would be drained too, and the "can't be arsed attitude" would be in full swing as we found out:

Heh heh "De fellas" who "watches" "them" games love Dessie.

One of their own, can play the lowlife card to perfection yeh yeh rooihh hmmmmmumph in fairness neaiow"Aaaah jaysus have to pur on the auld toox and treaouser another whale load of money for another boring after dinner speak"

"Sheuuure Oi'm only in here for de bleedin pension and de conditions"

Made his name as an ABU which contravenes the basic principle of public service broadcasting, be impartial.

Have no respect or regard for him whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I think he's great. Man of the people with his finger on the pulse of sporting opinion.

In fact, I'm going to write to Rté to suggest that he be given more programmes to present.

Man of the wasters and jerks I would say

"Oiim auver here in Cooyprus foh de Wooorld Coop gayam with De Cippriats an Oiim speakin to Jem Flynn a member of Trappo's aaaarmy hmmmphhh.

Jem heau did you geh hearr?

"Jaysuss Dezzie Oi dawnt bleedin knau,de bleedin bohhles is goin deauin goodoo and were havin a bleeedin singsong,so oooi daunt bleedin knau..

Great Jem hope de credih card is holdin up whah hmmmmmumph!!

Credih card hah hah de bleedin credih ooooonnion is payin foh dis Dezzie"

If you like that kind of shíte away with you my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Man of the wasters and jerks I would say

"Oiim auver here in Cooyprus foh de Wooorld Coop gayam with De Cippriats an Oiim speakin to Jem Flynn a member of Trappo's aaaarmy hmmmphhh.

Jem heau did you geh hearr?

"Jaysuss Dezzie Oi dawnt bleedin knau,de bleedin bohhles is goin deauin goodoo and were havin a bleeedin singsong,so oooi daunt bleedin knau..

Great Jem hope de credih card is holdin up whah hmmmmmumph!!

Credih card hah hah de bleedin credih ooooonnion is payin foh dis Dezzie"

If you like that kind of shíte away with you my friend.

Got it! It's the "Badly imitated regional accent" scene from Green Wing!

heh heh... doesn't shunt the Flutts ballbag pal!

Hit target there IMHO:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Got it! It's the "Badly imitated regional accent" scene from Green Wing!

Jaysus. Not too far off, actually.

Well taken Mr Bantam. :D

2fivers wrote: »
    Jaysus. Not too far off, actually.

Well taken Mr Bantam. :D

Aaah jaysus, you can call me Flutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Count Orlok

This thread is a hell of a lot more entertaining dan oul Dezzie...i-nanny-way...storeeeeee Cahill. Great craic!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement