Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seating Question (o2)

Options
  • 17-12-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

I have been looking at the seating arrangements for all seater concerts at the new o2 Arena.

I presume the higher ticket prices are for the flat seating right up at the front of the stage? Since it only opened last night, I obviously can't get any opinions on the o2 itself, but from previous experiences, does anyone have any views on seating right at the front?

Is it worth paying the extra? Or is the tiered seating towards the front just as good...for sound, comfort and overall experience? I have not been to an all seater concert at a large venue, so just trying to gauge the benefits before forking out big money for the pleasure.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

All the seating is tiered even those at the front though to a lesser extent then those back further. The seats are all the same and arranged in blocks so comfort would be no different. The O2 is supposed to have great acoustics but the actual sound quality is artist dependent as each act brings its own PA. All the sight lines are good. You are just paying to be relatively closer to the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

BrianD wrote: »
    All the seating is tiered even those at the front though to a lesser extent then those back further.
    There are flat seating setups. Here are just two, there are others.

12160s_a.gif

12161s_a.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=8498&stc=1&d=1224196248

Each event may have a different setup so check on the Ticketmaster page when booking. The only thing that can't be moved are the two blocks of fixed horseshoe seating as per photo above, in front of that you can have one more block of tiered seating, flat standing, or flat seating, or any combination of those. It's all up to the actual act.

Here's a video of inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Cole

I looked at those diagrams myself and I reckon the tiered seating just behind the 'flat' seating is where I'll opt for.
    I think I will be paying the same price for there as I would be for right at the front, unfortunately, but right at the front might be just a bit too close.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    There are flat seating setups. Here are just two, there are others.

12160s_a.gif

12161s_a.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=8498&stc=1&d=1224196248

Each event may have a different setup so check on the Ticketmaster page when booking. The only thing that can't be moved are the two blocks of fixed horseshoe seating as per photo above, in front of that you can have one more block of tiered seating, flat standing, or flat seating, or any combination of those. It's all up to the actual act.

Here's a video of inside

When I was in it a few weeks ago they had the demountable seating that is tiered. There doesn't seem to be that much room so if you are going to be in the flat seats in the first of the seating plans (above) then you are going to be very close to the front!

In the attached images, the blocks at the front are removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Potatofarl

Hey hey,

Just wondering if anyone has sat in Block A at the O2 and what the view was like??
    I am looking at tickets for Imelda May Block A Row 24 Seats 5&6. I've seen the seating layout on ticketmaster website but it doesn't really give a great idea of what view will be like in that block.....

thanks a mill :)

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be problem. All the sight lines in the O2 are great. There are no pillars.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Not been in block A, but I was on the opposite side (block g) and the view was awful. I could only see the front of the stage. It was Eddie Izzard I was there for (terrible gig, but that's another story), so it wasn't too bad, just meant I could only see him and not his stage-set, which isn't a huge deal for comedy, but if I went to see a band and could only see the lead singer, I'd be fairly pissed off. You said you're looking at seats 5&6, which would be quite close to the wall. That would make me think you'd have similar problems with the view.

I'd try for different seats, if I were you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement