Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arsenal impossible to beat

Options
  • 17-12-2008 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

i've tried every tactic during my three years playing with man united but they keep turning me over. I have won the league three times despite this but they keep knocking me out in champs league knock out stages. Any tips for playing against them guys. Thanks for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I find the best way to get a result against other big teams in your league is to go 4-1-4-1.
    I'm playing with Arsenal and in 07+08 United and Pool would always turn me over, beat both of them twice in my first season, Liverpool three times because of the Cup.
    Not sure how much use this is to you but that's what I'd do.
    Also go in hard tackling on Fab and Nasri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

ant043 wrote: »
    i've tried every tactic during my three years playing with man united but they keep turning me over. I have won the league three times despite this but they keep knocking me out in champs league knock out stages. Any tips for playing against them guys. Thanks for help

Agreed. The are extremely hard to beat because their players are over rated. Go hard on everybody, closing down the wide men. Try to bully them off the pitch.

Play a 4-2-3-1 Slow tempo, direct passing and counter attacking football. If you lose away take the defeat on the chin. If you lose at home then be worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 aifricfan16

hi i support shamrock rovers and arsenal, but i think arsenal are very overrated in this game.:)

there is no challenge playing with them I find. It is too easy a game with arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

I always play as man united and have beaten arsenal 8 or 9 times over the last 3 years ,I play with two dm's but only against arsenal and Chelsea. Beat them 3-0 last time in the fa cup final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

will try that tactic out next time and report back. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

i played them again today. I cant beat them. their stats are way too high on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I don't think their stats are too high, just their players actually do the right things more often than not in the game (as opposed to real life!)

I find that the best way is to make sure that Adebayor is marked tightly, you'll need 2 centre backs who are fairly blessed with pace and above all, a finisher of your own. Most times I've played them its been a high scoring game (4-3 or even 5-4) but an element of luck is always handy too, Ie a red card or injury.

I usually play Lower League Management now but I would envisage that with Man U the best way to beat Arsenal would be through hard tackling, lots of closing down and having a target man with high attacking attributes (finishing and composure namely).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Arsenal have lost 6 games in the league in 3 seasons, Whatever about beating them myself, they don't seem to lose much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

There's not an awful lot you can do about that I'm afraid, I've finished second in leagues with over 100 points before.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

GK Igor Akinfeev DL evra DC rio and vidic DR rafael
    DM Ignacio Camacho CM Anderson and João Moutinho ML david sliva MR ronaldo ST vela

Man united 3-0 arsenal (i have now not conceded in 5 straight games agaisint arsenal)

• Advertisement
Advertisement