Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your game of the year.

• 17-12-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

im gna have to go with fallout 3

Fable 2 in 2nd and gears in 3rd.

Most dissapointing game was gta4 it just wasent all i wanted it to be.
    They made a perfect game with san andreas and it just never lived up to that for me.

most played game was Halo 3

Feel free to add your own categories

And heres Edges top 30

http://www.edge-online.com/features/edges-top-30-2008?page=0%2C0

were any of these your game of the year 08 108 votes

Fallout 3
    0% 0 votes
    Gears 2
    21% 23 votes
    Fable 2
    23% 25 votes
    Dead Space
    2% 3 votes
    Left 4 Dead
    2% 3 votes
    Burnout Paradise
    5% 6 votes
    Gta 4
    0% 1 vote
    GRID
    12% 14 votes
    Braid
    4% 5 votes
    Geometry wars 2
    2% 3 votes
    None of the Above
    1% 2 votes
    wasent even on xbox 360 1
    21% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

only have fallout3/gta4 on pc so as far as xbox games go Gears2 was ****ing amazing imo.

btw, we have a games awards section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

*ahem* :)
    Coincidentally, this week is Xbox360 nomination week, so make sure your favourites are there if you want them to show up for the vote in a fortnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Oh yeah!! i never even checked in that games awards section.

ah well they dont have a cool pole like we do !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RAIN wrote: »
    Oh yeah!! i never even checked in that games awards section.

ah well they dont a cool pole like we do !
    not yet silly!

nominations first...you didn't read the big thread in the main games forum about it did you?

Im ruining xmas for everyone....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'd like to pick Fallout 3 but I haven't finished it yet so I'm going for GTA4. It was every bit as good as I hoped for, was hooked on it for April/May/June. Roll on the DLC!! Gears 2 would be a close 2nd.

Edge magazine has Fallout 3 at 27, WTF?? :confused: Tomb Raider Underworld ahead of it at 17 :eek: I'm never reading Edge again

Edges magazine review of fallout was very harsh,they only gave it a 7 !! its 9 no matter what your tastes are imo. Then again they loved fable and so did i but loads of people hated it !!! Its a political quagmire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I wouldn't even put fallout on the list. Never got into it. I wasn't an oblivion fan either. Although I tried to get into it. But thats just me I know loads love it. Pace is a bit too slow for me.

Some of my top games this year are ...
    Rock band, Guitar Hero, Prince of Persia, Dead Space, Gears of War 2, Fifa 09, Streetfighter 2 turbo remix HD.

GTA4 was no different for every other GTA, with nicer graphics.

There where more games I liked a lot this year, but I've a mental block! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Fallout 3 is great game. So is Fable 2. Farcy 2 is very disappointing and looking back GTA was good but not great.

My money is on Fallout 3 to win the Boards Best game of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Its a toss up between fallout and left 4 dead for me.. I havnt finished fallout yet though.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Havent played Fallout 3 yet, Barring that GRID is pretty good imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

for me 70+ hours on fall out 3 says it all and it doesnt even have multi player !!!!!!!!!! how many other games can u say did that to your social life? GTA:IV while good was a let down in ways. but its multi player was excellent for me

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

N+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Left 4 Dead. I'd vote for it 10 times over if I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Gears 2, Rainbow 2 and Left for Dead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Fallout 3 for me. Its detail and massive size pips it over GOW2 and GTA4. Although nice to see Burnout Paradise get a mention. I still love that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 mackerel

This is a great thread, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Mirrors edge? :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Game of the year for me was Braid, everything else I have seen before in some other guise.

Surprise of the year was Fable 2 which grabbed my social life and made it its bitch for over a fortnight. I honestly became something like Howard Hughes (minus the bunny-girls) while playing it almost constantly!

Paradise City was great and Fallout 3 has kept me interested but only just... GTA I own and have no great interest in playing (I inherited it from a flatmate!).

There were far too many "blockbuster" titles imho and not enough imaginative and creative games like Braid.

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Left 4 Dead for me. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer game this much in years. Got a load of excellent people to play it with on steam and it has zombies :)

• Advertisement

The only new game I've played this year is Dead Space. And am thoroughly enjoying it. Only play it at night time with my wireless headphones on, and it scared the bejesus out of me. I'm getting Fallout 3 for Christmas though. Good timing considering I've my exams in January :(

DeVore wrote: »
    Game of the year for me was Braid, everything else I have seen before in some other guise.

Surprise of the year was Fable 2 which grabbed my social life and made it its bitch for over a fortnight. I honestly became something like Howard Hughes (minus the bunny-girls) while playing it almost constantly!

Paradise City was great and Fallout 3 has kept me interested but only just... GTA I own and have no great interest in playing (I inherited it from a flatmate!).

There were far too many "blockbuster" titles imho and not enough imaginative and creative games like Braid.

DeV.

Great to find someone who loved fable as much as me !!
    If Fallout hadnt landed id still be playing it.

Its mad that a night out cost approx 100+ euro but a good game costs between 30/60 quid and gives you weeks of entertainment.

only problem this year all the great games came out at the same time !! broke from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

GTA IV. best game of EVERY year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Gears 2 for me. Don't think its quite gotten the accolades it has deserved so far.

Cod World at war or gta4 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Fifa09 for me but i've yet to play quite a few from the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Gingface

go braid! randomly downloaded it off the marketplace and i've only played the demo but it was hilarious!

think i'll wait till after exams to get fallout...maybe

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Get the full Braid game, its worth it, more so then most full price games! If you like the demo the full game is genuinely astonishing.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Battlefield: Bad Company.Online Multiplayer is just addictive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement